Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do my kids HAVE to get vaccinated??

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 824 Total Views

Ok, so Im kinda new to all this vaccination not being safe information. A good friend of mine who says she'll never vaccinate her children told me a few scary things about vaccinations, and told me to look into it. I have a 3 year old who is up to date, and now a 2 month old who is almost due for his first set of shots. HOwever, after being educated on the dangers I do not want any more vaccines done to my children!! I didnt even know this was an option.  My question is do i have to?? Dont schools make your child get vaccinated??? Please fill me in ladies!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MSOmom
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:26 AM

You DO NOT have to get your children vaccinated.  There are exemptions in every state.  If you choose to send your children to school, you will need to file an exemption with the school.  Start thinking now about why you don't want to vaccinate. (Most state accept only religious and medical exemptions.)  If you choose to home school, you don't have to file an exemption with anyone.

Your children are young and you have time to research.  For now, don't do any vaccines until you are familiar with the disease, the vaccines, and the potential side effects and long term complications of both.  When you research, don't read propaganda from either side.  Read only the facts, scientific papers, etc...  And DON"T let anyone guilt you into anything.  These are your children and you know and love them best.

Cait5156
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Absolutely not. theres a great group on cafemom called Choosing Not to Vaccinate. Great info with very supportive and helpful moms. Don't let the nay-sayers get you down, keep in mind ignorance is bliss, and some are blissfully ignorant :) Go you!!! Best wishes n god bless

Loa1002
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:53 AM

here is a site you can check out for your state exemption....every state has at least one, but some states have 2 or 3.

. (check for your state here)   http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx

Your child does NOT have to be vaccinated. My son is 19 months old and completely unvaccinated.

When the child goes to school or even before make sure you have your paperwork in place with the school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)