Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaking out

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so I went in for a ultrasound at 22 weeks and my baby girl was transverse,I know it was to early to really worry about it so I try not to. well im 28 weeks now and I was at a baby shower yesterday and some lady told me my baby looked like she was transverse. so now hearing that has got me all worried, what if my baby is T V I'm so excited to have a home birth this time. I will be devastated to have that experience taken away from me and my baby. So if anyone has been through something like this please help me get over my fear.I dont want to spend my thirdtrimester freaking when at the same time im so excited to have my dream of a home birth come true.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
EllieB83
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM

It's still early, but I know, it's hard to NOT freak out!  My last baby was breech until the Friday before he was born (he was born on Monday).  Give it a few more weeks then if your baby is still transverse, try some exercises like the cat stretch, pelvic tilts, and prop your hips up on pillows (I used couch cushions) and see if your little one will move down.  I propped my hips up and pushed my baby around to dislodge him from my pelvis, but that's probably not too smart since they can get tangled in their cords (I was pretty desperate though!).  My husband also burned a Moxibustion stick next my little toe.  It's a crazy thing, but if that's what made my baby turn, I will stand by it's claims!  If you have a midwife, she will probably be able to get you one, or try a health store maybe.  Also, Pulsatilla (natural remedy) and chiropractors can help.  I would only use those last two if your due date is getting close and she still hasn't turned.  More than likely, your baby will turn and you'll have a perfect homebirth! :-)  Good luck and let us know how it goes!

massagegiftmom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Transverse at 22-28 weeks is perfectly normal.  Please understand that every baby is different.  The worry and stress you have is not worth the joy you could be receiving and enjoying right now.  It's a choice.  I urge you to change your mind about what you feel about what you hear.  My baby was transverse until 32 weeks.  Every baby, every body is different.   People may say many things.  How you feel when you hear them, and what you do to process those words and feelings is your choice.

Think about what joy you could be experiencing instead.  What would that look like, feel like? I encourage you to focus on that instead.

CLICK after commercial, click on video for weeks 28-37

cpflum08
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Thank you so much Lady's, you both helped me very much. I just needed someone other than my BF telling me not to worry:)

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM
My baby was breech at 35 weeks and I was told by an ultrasound tech that her head was too big to be born vaginally and she was too big to turn but she did!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)