Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Let's share three of our fears about labor~~

by on Aug. 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM
Replies (11-15):
EllieB83
by on Aug. 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM

I would say pain, but that was only with the first baby.  Through my journeys with my three babies, the fears I would still have in a possible future birth would be having to have a c-section.  We came very close with baby #3 because he was breech and we were down to having to consider what would be safest for baby:  a breech vaginal (which I was leaning towards) or a c-section.  Luckily he changed positions 3 days before he was born!  It is still something that scares the bejeezus out of me!  The second thing I would be afraid of would be something happening to baby or having a still born.  Baby #3 was born with DS and were so lucky that he was born super healthy as we know others are not so lucky.  The last thing that scares me is having a BIGbaby.  It seems silly, I know!  My second was almost 9 lbs and I was so afraid that my third would be like 12!  I'm not sure my vag could handle that trauma...lol!

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

BUMP!

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 9:04 PM

1. and emergency and having to have a real necessary c-section

2. loss of the child

3. length and pain

MarigoldsMama
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Having an unforseen medical emergency for me or baby.

Baby turning transverse.

Having a bigger baby than my 2nd. She was 10lbs 1oz and had some issues with shoulder dystocia. I didn't need to fear though... my 3rd was only 8lbs 13oz.

Oh wait... how about getting pregnant again? LOL After 3 babies in 3 years my biggest labor fear is having another baby any time soon!

CafeMom Tickers

ArmyWifey1981
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:53 PM

The pain being so bad that I end up caving and getting an epidural.

My husband not being patient

Anything going wrong with the baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN