Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's a Boy!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:57 PM
  • 2 Replies

This will be my 4th BOY!  I admit...I was a little disappointed cause I wanted to shop for a girlie color on this one, but I am blessed to still be the QUEEN in my hive! However, the news began to fade as my anger set in.  First, messing around with new nurses totally gave me an edge to knock some heads off.  They are confused about my ding dang due date!  I kept telling them, they have to change it every time I come in and the sonographer--or whatever she is called, didn't want to bother changing it in the computer.  Then I had to endure bigot comments about how my kids were not "social" enough cause I homeschool!  Hello---I'm not even going to go there but homeschooled kids score higher on tests than public school statistics hands down!  Then when finally getting to a doctor to ask about NOT putting goopy glop in my baby's eyes after birth, she passes that responsibility onto the pediatricians who pass it to the hospital!  Now, who the heck am I supposed to call about that?  How about not letting my baby out of my sight and then we will see about getting what I want.  Then I am argued down when it comes to the IV...she wants a hep lock cause that's how she does things..."supposed the baby's heartbeat goes down? supposed you need an emergency c-section, "suppose you start hemorranging?"  Hey lady--suppose I have my 4th with no problems? Is a little optimism hard to ask for?  She says they will wait for the cord to stop pulsing IF baby is not limp and is responsive.  What if the baby is just calm and tired from the journey?  That's what happened to the other babies, but we had skin to skin...this lady is talking about whisking it away to the nursery!  I am sick to my stomach with these people...but none-the-less......I can't wait to meet my 4th little boy!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Pandapanda
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 PM

They legally cannot force an IV, they can't take your baby without your permission (unless something is indeed wrong), and they sure as hell need to gain some confidence in you!

Congrats on the boy though.. I love my little man!

doulala
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:23 PM

If you want a natural, intervention-free delivery, why not go to the location that specializes in this, plus more incentives?    
(Stay home!)

;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)