Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who's having a home birth?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM
  • 37 Replies

Who is planning a home birth--   or had one to tell us about?

:-)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Me! We are having a water birth at home very soon! My 40 week mark is in 31 more days and Ive been in prodromal labor for over a week now.

Quayla
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:53 AM

Me me me!!!  I'm very excited about it but it won't be happening until late April.

Sunshine_246
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I'm so excited!  I am having a water birth at home too!  I'm "due" Oct 8th

doulala
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Quoting palemoon21:

Me! We are having a water birth at home very soon! My 40 week mark is in 31 more days and Ive been in prodromal labor for over a week now.

WOW!!     So exciting!
I have been here with you for a while~   I can't believe it's almost Time!!

:-D

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

doulala
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Quoting Quayla:

Me me me!!!  I'm very excited about it but it won't be happening until late April.

A W E S O M E !!!    

We get to get to know you and chat it up as you prepare!!   Yayy!!

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:11 AM
I will next time but not ready yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Quoting Sunshine_246:

I'm so excited!  I am having a water birth at home too!  I'm "due" Oct 8th

SO GREAT!!

:-D

I love it!!     Yayy!

Great to hear it!

How DARE Mother Nature question SCIENCE!       ~Mike Tymeson

The impossible is often the untried.       ~Jim Goodwin

Women's bodies have their own wisdom, and a system of birth refined over 100,000 generations is not so easily overpowered.      ~Sarah Buckley

sailorswife2006
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:22 AM

ME!! I am very excited about it. We are not currently TTC but we are the beginning of next year! I could not be happier to be having a home birth! 

Baby3inJanuary
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I did! HBAC! Planning another this winter!

I was writing the story, and this page went away (maybe too long) and it was all lost.

Suffice it to say, it was easier to push out a 10 lb baby at home without meds, having never pushed out a baby before, than it was to get induced with Pitocin and only make it to 4 cm ending in cesarean, before.

And the fact that I am eagerly signed on for another homebirth pretty much tells the tale.

My 10 lb son was born "en caul" meaning even at his size, the waters never broke til after his head emerged, and I have really cool pics of his head halfway out, in a "snow globe" of amniotic fluid with a bit of vernix floating in it.

I think the really strong sac, that didn't break before his head came out, made it an easier birth than it would have been otherwise, so I want to eat the berries and take the vitamin C again this time, like that time, in hopes of the same.

His head also came out completely unmolded, perfectly round. Again, the unbroken sac is probably why. They say it equalizes pressure on the baby's head.

whttigr0
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Im planning a home water birth right now =) Im *due* Jan 3rd. The more I learn the more excited I get about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)