Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

C section for being too small!?!?! Update in post.

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what they told my 15 yo, averaged sized cousin!!!  She looks like she has gained plently of weight to me, has a nice round belly and was eating, so shes not trying to starve herself.... but she told me the doc told her they will probably to do c section bc she is too small and hasn't gained enought weight.  I told her and her mom they better not let them do that to her..

I have never heard this before tho and I'm sitll in shock.  I have heard the crap about gaining too much weight and saying the baby will be too big, but too small!!

I really just want to see if anyone else has ever heard of this and if you know where I can get some info to show her and let her read for herself so she knows this is unnessecary.

Oh a happy note I was talking to her about BFing and she is thinking about it so I'm praying she does and hope I can get her over here to talk to her about all the other choices she has in raising her baby the way she wants to and not just the only ways she has ever heard of.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 7, 2010 at 7:09 AM
Replies (11-18):
lilmissrebel
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Well I guess she didn't want to find out her other options, b/c she called me like once or twice and I tried to get her to come over and stay with me so I could talk to her, but she never did and has stopped calling me...  Today I found out they aren't going to do a c-section but they are inducing her within the next week, she isn't "due" until Nov 12.  And they are guessing the baby weights 5lbs, and since she is "small", average size teen, thinking she can't have a normal baby..  I'm sorta mad at how stupid ppl are, doctors, I know she doesn't know any difference, but I wish she would have came around so I could tell her about her other options, just like I wish someone would have done for me with my first child.

I just thought I would share incase anyone was intrested.  I am glad they atleast aren't doing a c-section and hope its not the end result of inducing her.  And I'm praying the baby actually is far enough developed and won't have any problems.

Roadfamily6now
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 6:23 PM

dang.

truealaskanmom
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Most teenagers that are induced usually end up with c-sections, that is terrible, her doctor is awful 

doulala
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Can you email her?

Tell her that you will be her doula?

peanut06
by on Oct. 23, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Well, I'll be praying for her and the baby.  My dd #2 was born at 35 weeks and was ok (but I realize not all are so blessed).  We only stayed in the hospital one extra day because they "thought she might get jaundice."  She never did and she only lost 2 ounces, too.  Yes, she was petite at 4 lbs., 6 oz., 17 inches long, but she breastfed like it was nobody's business!

Clara

aptrustingheart.gif Attachment Parenting image by nemmer88  Imagebillboard2.jpg without need is wrong image by Positivemom 

Happy milk-maker to an intact, sling-riding baby boy and his two older sisters!

lilmissrebel
by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Well she was induced yesterday and had the baby last nite.  It was healthy and over 5 lbs.  I'm just so glad it went ok and baby was fine and no c-section. Thanks for all the comments, its just nice to know there are other ppl who feel the same way I do about these things, since noone I personally know does...

doulala
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2010 at 8:16 PM

:-(

It is making me reallllly sad.    Kinda tearing up even.

Glad she didn't have a cesarean, but still not necessary.   It probably helps her to believe in that process, that it works as the doctor says it will.    More faith in technology and less in the wiser design that successfully made us women capable all those thousands of generations ago.

Sorry, just so discouraging.

lilmissrebel
by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Quoting doulala:

It is making me reallllly sad.    Kinda tearing up even.

Glad she didn't have a cesarean, but still not necessary.   It probably helps her to believe in that process, that it works as the doctor says it will.    More faith in technology and less in the wiser design that successfully made us women capable all those thousands of generations ago.

Sorry, just so discouraging.

Yes it is discouraging.  And I think I'm kinda mad at her and myself because I didn't get to her in time, but I didn't want to push anything on her either, I invited her over and talked to her on the phone.  But she was the first person I felt responsible for passing my new knowledge onto.  I really don't want anyone to compare my last birth to how my future ones will be and then just all the other options I wanted her to know about.  Delayed cord, choosing to vax or not(which she still can, but that she had options before the hospital gave the unness stuff) and all the other things.  I just feel bad, But at the same time I know I am now smarter and my next baby will get started out the right way!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)