Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

It's about time someone promotes this!

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

It's so refreshing to see a group that focuses on Natural Childbirth. It is possible to have a natural birth and have the experience be rewarding and postitive. So many falicies are out there that state that natural childbirth is painful childbirth and it just doesn't have to be that way. My birth experiences were awesome. Partly because my mom has the best childbirth education series around but I may be biased to that. She taught me not to fear what was happening and in that without the fear came a blissful birth. Yeah there was a element of pain,but without the fear the birth experience was memorable I guess that is what I'm saying. Anyway, great group idea!!!

Ask me how to have the best birth experience or click on this link and find out!!!
http://www.birth-education.com/

by on Sep. 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
trevonsmyangel
by on Sep. 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM

agree :)

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I taught myself that method of birthing with my second child. It was a pain free, amazing home birth that gives me an emotional hight 7.5 months later! Part were defiantly intense. And my lower back being out would have been a major hindrance (I have supper loose joints when not pregnant), but with DH applying counter pressure, all I felt was pressure!

ArmyWifey1981
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Thanks for sharing!

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Agreed! Love you pic by the way!

krayzbabylove
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:21 AM
I loved loved loved my natural delivery, pain and all, its not ever something you cant handle if you arent afraid, and i am so glad that i was never afraid. My amazing DH is a huge reason why.. he gave me so much confidence in my body, kept me strong, and the absolute euphoria that overwelms you after it is all over was the most amazing feeling i have ever felt. Delivery was by far my favorite past of pregnancy, and i cant wait to do it again.
Mommy4000
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Both of my natural childbirths were extremely scary. I had no one to teach me or support me in what I was doing. I just knew how I wanted to do it. I had nurses who fought my every decision and no one with honest answers about what to expect. I was terrified and yeah it was painful, but not to the point where I wouldn't do it again. I'm glad there is so much information about it and I think this group is a great idea. I only wish it was around when I was having my babies.

doulala
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:59 AM

Quoting Mommy4000:

Both of my natural childbirths were extremely scary. I had no one to teach me or support me in what I was doing. I just knew how I wanted to do it. I had nurses who fought my every decision and no one with honest answers about what to expect. I was terrified and yeah it was painful, but not to the point where I wouldn't do it again. I'm glad there is so much information about it and I think this group is a great idea. I only wish it was around when I was having my babies.

Grrr!  embarrassed mini

That sounds terribly frustrating!
Sorry to hear this~
No more babies for you??

Due to practically the opposite experiences, I wish to become a surrogate because I want more opportunities to give birth...

I think that support is really essential!!

• We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.                                                                      ~Harm
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.                                                                       ~Einstein
  • To know the way ahead, ask those coming back.  ~Chinese proverb

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 2:23 AM

I agree there is so much about it being crazy and awful and not enough about how great it is

turtle68
by Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 7:27 AM
my naturals werent that great. i didnt see birth as an experience to relish. After the first and I knew what was going to happen..it was like, ok its a day in my life suck it up. I had a better experience with a C-section but would never by choice have one. To be honest I dont understand those who think its such an experience. Can someone explain this phenomenon...Im really interested in what was so great? I was in great..nay massive pain, at one point I was scared and shaky, my husband was fantastic but I can remember thinking "gee I cant do this anymore" and checked out. After delivery I do recall that wonderous feeling of no contractions and relief at the placenta presenting...but IMO that is no great thing to go through just to get to the end.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN