Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

An update for those wondering

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2010 at 9:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to give an update as to what has been going on with me. I now have to see my Dr every 2 weeks for the FFN test. I dont like them but I want to make sure my little one doesnt come early. I know these tests arent 100% accurate, but it gives us a little bit of an idea if I will *possibly* go into labor within a 2 week time frame.

I havent gone back to L&D with contractions. My Dr gave me a script for trib to take as I need them. They are a low dose (5mg) and I can take them every 4 hrs if needed. Its better then a shot in the butt IMO lol. I dont like the way they make me feel so I try to push as long as I can before I take one. Its hard to take care of an 18 month old when you have the shakes really bad.

These past 2 days have been the worse with the contractions. Last night they ended up 5 mins apart and were regular so I took the trib, drank lots of water, took a hot bath, and went to bed. Today hasnt been too much better except for the amount of time between contractions. They are still regular, but about 10-15 mins apart. When I lay the little one down I will be taking the meds again and probably going to bed so I dont have to feel the side effects as bad. I see my Dr again tomorrow for another FFN test. Im sure it will come back negative, but its better to make sure I suppose (can you tell I dont like having this test done lol).

So, thats what has been going on with me lately. Sorry I have been kinda MIA from the group lately. I have just been trying to rest as much as possible. Take care everyone!!!

baby growth
by on Oct. 17, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
peanut06
by on Oct. 18, 2010 at 9:41 AM

My OB has had better success using progesterone inserts and they don't have the side effects of trib or other similar medicines.  Our bodies naturally produce progesterone to strength the uterus, so it seems the more "natural" option.  You could talk to your OB about it.  It was called Prometrium.

Good luck!

whttigr0
by on Oct. 18, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Thank you I will ask him about this at my appt this am.

Quoting peanut06:

My OB has had better success using progesterone inserts and they don't have the side effects of trib or other similar medicines.  Our bodies naturally produce progesterone to strength the uterus, so it seems the more "natural" option.  You could talk to your OB about it.  It was called Prometrium.

Good luck!

doulala
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Wishing you the very best!!!

HUGS!

whttigr0
by on Oct. 19, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Thank you doulala!!! My appt went well. Unfortunitly the other meds arent covered by my ins (go figure lol). The FFN test came back negative (got the result today). 

NaturalMommy10
by on Oct. 19, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Well, I'm not sure what to say but I hope you can keep this little one in there as long as possible.  (((HUGS)))  I know this must really be taking it's toll on you.

whttigr0
by on Oct. 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Yes, it does take a toll on me lol. It makes it even harder cause I have 6 children at home already and the youngest is 18 months. My older ones help out a lot, but my 7 yr old is a major handful. Oh well lol we do what we have to do as mommys =) I too hope she stays in til at least 37 weeks at the earliest. I will keep you guys updated of any changes that take place.

Quoting NaturalMommy10:

Well, I'm not sure what to say but I hope you can keep this little one in there as long as possible.  (((HUGS)))  I know this must really be taking it's toll on you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)