Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

im not sure i could do a natural birth. help??

Posted by   + Show Post

We are not planning another baby for awhile but i needed some advice.

its been a family trend that our water always breaks first. i know its not common but all 3 of my moms water broke first and my granma all 4 births water broke first, same with my great grandma's 5 births. my water broke first at 4am and i was in labor for 14 hours and pushed for 3 hours. would it be safe for me to do a natural birth? i would love to do a natural birth! i had an epidural with my DD and it didnt work to its full ability, i believe, it never relieved the pain on both sides it was either one side or the other and i felt everything in the end, and i believe it caused some problems for my DD right after she was born she had a fever and they thought she had an infection as well.

so would it be safe for me to do a natural birth since my water will break first? and any advice you have would be so great as well! Thanks ladies!

girl giving flower Proud mom of Caroline! Born Feb 14 2010!

by on Oct. 21, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Replies (11-12):
iBirthapp.com
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 10:40 AM

75-100 grams of protein per day & 85 mg of Vitamin C help to build a super strong water bag. I teach childbirth classes & have seen that the women who are high in these nutrients have an intact bag until at least 8 centimeters. I followed this to a tee and my water broke with my son at 9 cm & my daughter was born in her bag of waters!

Amanda Hanson, PsyD, AAHCC

Childbirth Ed At Home - iBirth
www.ibirthapp.com

spopsmama
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM

My waters broke first with my son. I have a unique health situation that prevents having too much medical intervention during labor. Its a real long story. Anyway, my labor stopped almost as soon as it started and the doc felt it was best to send me home, even though the waters broke. It probably helped that my mom is a doula and so they knew she new what to do to manage things at home. My doc was afraid that if I stayed in the hospital to wait for labor to start up again that the hospital protocol would insist on pitocin and epidurals which are the two things I cannot have due to my health situation. So we went home and did all the other stuff to get things going, but mostly I got to eat some protein and carbs and get some much needed sleep. When things finally kicked in, I had the natural birth i needed and wanted. All was fine. WIth my daughter, well, she didn't give anyone any time to make decisions except to get to the hospital pretty damn quick. Her's was a quick birth, there was hardly any intervention, but my waters didn't break with her until way into labor. It'll be interesting to see how this next baby decides to come into the world.

If you have any fears regarding natural childbirth, please click on the link in my siggy. My mom put this class together based on Grantly Dick-Read's book Childbirth Without Fear. It's awesome, and the information helps so much with having that natural birth every mom deserves!

Ask me how to have the best birth experience or click on this link and find out!!!
http://www.birth-education.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN