Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Full Moon Labors; more than a myth?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

what do you think??

by on Oct. 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Fightclmembr
by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 7:18 AM
Well, I think they are extremely possible.

I'm currently 22 almost 23 weeks pregnant, and every full moon, I can tell its a full moon before looking at the sky! I get more braxton hicks contractions, and all I dream about is labor. I have a strong feeling that cone February, I may go a little early, and deliver when the moon is full!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RugersMommy06
by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM

2 friends from the kid's music class just had babies on Friday, I believe the moon was full then. I'm not sure what the moon was when I had mine. My mom said the hospital always gets crazy busy when the moon is full.

Baby3inJanuary
by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I asked my midwife about that, and she said, to my surprise, that in her 30 years of experience, it was more often the new moon, rather than the full.

I used that application where you can see the moon phase for any day of any year, including time zone and time of day, and was surprised to see that  I, my DH, my mother, and my son, were new moon, and my grandmother, and my sister were full moon. Those are all the natural, spontaneous labor births that I know the exact date, year, time, and timezone for, in my family.

But not a one was anything EXCEPT full or new moon!

Strange!

Here's that app for those who want to check out their spontaneous labor births to see if there's a trend in their family:

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/vphase.html

catholicmamamia
by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 7:49 PM

IDK.. but I have always wondered about labor and the moon phases! 

smeep
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM

From what I've seen, there does tend to be a correlation, though it's not been a scientific accurate observation.

DS was born on a new moon.

DixieFlower
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Well I started having regular contractions at 3am on 10/23 which was a full moon. I had DS2 on 10/24.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)