Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Introducing myself :)

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello! I'm Jillian and I'm due in February with #3! My second was born via c-section but this time I'll be going VBAC :) I am blessed to have found an incredibly pro-natural birth hospital! I'm seeing a midwife there and they have a very hands off approach to birth (sweet!). My dh is wonderful because it doesnt matter to him where when how I have this baby, as long as its what I want! Ok, well he wasnt too keen on having the baby at home :)

With my last baby I put a lot of stress on myself with planning the "perfect" birth which is something I have just realized and this time I just have to go with the flow. I'm not taking any classes, I know how to breathe just fine thank you, I know what I DONT want, and when I'm in labor I'll know what I do want. Maybe I'll labor in the tub, maybe I'll walk or use the ball or dance! I cant plan what is going to happen, nature must take its course and I have to let my body decide what it wants to do :)

~Jillian

Due in February? Join us in February 2011 Babies!

by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmissrebel
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Hey, nice to "meet" you. I'm due in Feb with my 2nd. I'm glad you found a hospital you like and a good midwife. Best of luck!!
jubes
by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM
Congratulations and nice to "meet" you too :) I'm due early Feb, I don't really anticipate having him til mid Feb though!

Quoting lilmissrebel:

Hey, nice to "meet" you. I'm due in Feb with my 2nd. I'm glad you found a hospital you like and a good midwife. Best of luck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natashaangel
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 12:07 AM

welcome and congrats!

doulala
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 2:40 AM

ooohhh!

Sounds great!

:-D

Welcome & congratulations!

cali4niachef
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Congrats!

How are you preparing for your vbac? Books? Videos? Hire a doula? Etc

jubes
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Books, yep. Videos, yep. Yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, positive affirmations. No doula, but I have 2 amazing sisters of my heart who will be with me and they are 100% supportive of my decisions and they're both birth junkies too :D

Quoting cali4niachef:

Congrats!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali4niachef
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Sounds like you have a doula to me :O) They dont have to be trained per say just as long as they can be labor support. If they havent already I would suggest them reading The Birth Partner.

Which books have you enjoyed the most? Videos you found most helpful?

Good luck!

Quoting jubes:

Books, yep. Videos, yep. Yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, positive affirmations. No doula, but I have 2 amazing sisters of my heart who will be with me and they are 100% supportive of my decisions and they're both birth junkies too :D

Quoting cali4niachef:

Congrats!

homewithmyheart
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Congratulations on finding the right place for you and your baby :D

jubes
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM
I Just finished "your best birth" by Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein, "hearts open wide" by Pam Wellish & Susan Root, "Ina Mays guide to childbirth" by Ina May. All the birth stories are so wonderful to read :)
I've watched "The business of being born" and believe it or not but I watch tons of YouTube videos of birth, breathing exercises, different relaxation techniques, yoga moves, really whatever I can think of :)
I Just picked up "The birth partner" :)

Quoting cali4niachef:

Sounds like you have a doula to me :O) They dont have to be trained per say just as long as they can be labor support. If they havent already I would suggest them reading The Birth Partner.

Which books have you enjoyed the most? Videos you found most helpful?

Good luck!

Quoting jubes:

Quoting cali4niachef:

Congrats!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarigoldsMama
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN