Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Cloth Diaper shower?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

This will be my 2nd boy so we don't need anything really except cloth diapers. I plan to have a shower mostly just to celebrate this baby.  I know most ppl thinks its not appropriate to give yourself a shower lol, but I basically had to with the last one and probably will this time too.  My family said they threw it but I done most of the work, they brought food and I think my grandma mailed the invitations.  My aunt did offer to throw the shower after everyone else was "involved" so I'm hoping she will offer again before my grandma mentions it.

Anyways I am mostly wondering if you have had or been to a cloth diaper shower/sprinkle.  I know both my cousins had sprinkles and asked just for diapers bc it was there 2 boy too.  But I didn't go to either and never heard anyone talk about cloth diaper one.

What would be the ettiquite here? I am registred at a CD website and would write that on the invitations incase they wanted to get gifts but note it wasn't nessecary, but what would be proper wording??  I would love to just have a mothers blessing instead but I don't have any family or friends who even understand why I'm having a HB and think I can go natural, so I don't think they would understand this either...

Oh yeah, last ?, is there a "right" time to have a shower?  I am due around the beginning of Feb, and would like the shower to be atleast a month before.  That would put it right after the 1st of the year, so I thought having it before Christmas would be better and not be in a rush feeling right after the holidays.  But Idk how that would work either?

Thanks for any help!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jubes
by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 12:38 AM
I have no clue on shower etiquette, sorry :) but I would think that stating you've registered on a specific site is ok. And I think that a cloth diaper shower is great :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarineWife187
by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 1:14 AM

with my son we had a diaper party after he was born.  I had it when he was 3 weeks old.  That way everyone can come see the baby at one time and you can get the diapers you need.  I would have never needed NB dipes cause my boy was 9lbs 2oz at birth and over 11lbs by the time of the diaper party.  The birth announcement and invitation was the same card.  I would just say that you are registered at             , but no gift is required just come celebrate the life of (babies name)

lilmissrebel
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Thanks! I am thinking about hinting around by asking general ?s about it next time I talk to my Aunt and maybe she will be able to help me out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)