Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

breaking BOW to relieve pain/ pressure?

Posted by   + Show Post

My last midwofe broke my bag of waters a half hour into my pushing  stage because I had such bad back and pelvic pain, and she said it would releive that a little.  I cant be sure if it did, because it also did speed labor and made it all much more intense....lol.  My new midwife (changed only because my old one moved away)  said a similar thing, because as we were going over my birth plan, I included i dont want it broken.

Is it true?  We already do anticipate a painful labor because of my pelvis and prominent tailbone (i have been seeing a chiro to address these issues)...  so I wonder if anyoe eknows if that may help or if I should just leave it be?

by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Replies (11-11):
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM

During my first birth my water broke on it's own. During my most recent birth I feel that the nurse broke my water even though she didn't admit she did. The difference I noticed between the two was a vast difference. Now that could be just because they were different pregnancies or it could be because of the difference in ROM. During my first labor progressed gradually. My water broke contractions started 5 hrs later and gradually ramped up. During my most recent birth I labored at home all day. By the time I went to the hospital I was already 6cm. My water hadn't broke yet. During the exam the nurse stated I had a very bulging bag and then I believe she broke it. After it was broke the contractions became much more intense. I felt a lot more pressure.  For me personally I didn't find that it gave any sort of relief. I think it progressed things way to fast for me to be able to manage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)