Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

CONTEST: Tell Us Your Dream Birth Story and Win a Birthing Ball!- WINNER

Posted by   + Show Post

The winner is truealaskanmom.  Congratulations.

Tell us your dream birth story and enter to win a Birthing Ball.

stork its a boy its a girl

OFFICIAL RULES

*To enter the "Tell Us Your Dream Birth Story" contest, post a reply to the contest thread in the Natural Birth Group.

* Replies must be posted by November 13, 2010 before midnight EST.

* One poster to the contest thread will be selected randomly.

* The winner will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.

* Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).

* One winner will receive a birthing ball.

* Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary!

by on Nov. 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM
Replies (11-18):
whttigr0
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Ok here is my dream birth:

It is a December night and we are snowed in at a beautiful rustic cabin.  I am curled up in front of the fire gazing at my christmas tree, and I am reading A Christmas Carol to my family.  All the while I am painlessly laboring as the snow falls.  I drink hot coca and egg nog and listen to christmas music.  Once I feel it is time for the baby to be born I would get into the tub which would have a full view window of the beautiful winter wonderland outside tastefully decorated for the holiday.  My husband would be in the water with me lovingly rubbing my back and stroking my face to help keep me calm.  I would then allow my body to do what it needs to do and gently allow my child to emerge from my body into the water slowly and peacefully.  Once the baby has emerged I will scoop him/her into my arm and put him/her to my breast and encourage nursing.  Once the placenta is delivered, I would empty the water rinse off and then run more water for an herb bath for the baby and myself.  I would use a nice soft yarn to tie of the cord and my husband and my other children would cut the cord together.  Then once everything is cleaned up we all as a family lie down on a huge bed in front of a fire and bond with the new addition to our family. 

This sounds so peaceful and wonderful =)

Gizzmoe321Lee
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM

My dream birth is a painless hypnobirth vbac. I'll labor at home for as long as possible. The lights will be dim with my relaxation music on, and lavender vanilla candles burning. I'll use my relaxation scripts to keep calm and centered during my pressure waves, and walk, sit on a birthing ball, or sway with the waves. I'll eat pasta with homemade sauce and my homemade garlic bread, and drink lots of water as needed, to keep strong and hydrated. When the waves are 5 minutes apart, I'll head in to have the baby. I won't use any IV's or meds or be pressured to have any interventions. I will begin to push when my body tells me I'm ready, in whatever position feels most natural. As the baby comes out, I'll reach down and pull her out, and place her right on my bare stomach. She'll stay with me, and not be whisked away by nurses, and she'll nurse as soon as she's ready. We'll both be alert, and we'll spend her first hours cuddling and bonding and enjoying our first moments together.

~Colleen

DS-5/15/07~Nicholas

EDD-3/15/2011~ Raelyn

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

My dream birth would be a home birth surrounded by my husband, children, and a couple of females I am close with as my support team. I will be free to eat, drink, move, and labor and deliver the way I feel is best. My birth would be free from unwanted onlookers, stress, and interventions. My baby will be delivered straight to my arms and breast and will be treated gently and respectfully. My dream birth experience  will be peaceful, tranquil, and gentle.

MamaKalila
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Pretty much just like I had with my second baby...

At our freestanding birth center, in the tub, hypnobirthing (I would like to be a little more prepared with that next time lol was still great, but I could have practiced more).. but with my kids there. My daughter was asleep last time :-)

Pandapanda
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Congrats on your birthing ball, Autumn!

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Congrats!!!

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Yay thanks guys 

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM

woohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)