Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Hypnobirth?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone here tried hypnobirth? If so, did you think it worked? And is 21 weeks too late to start the program?

~Colleen

DS-5/15/07~Nicholas

EDD-3/15/2011~ Raelyn

by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
doulala
by on Nov. 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I haven't officially, but I feel like instinively it was a lot of how I labored with my last.

I think it's worth getting a copy of the book (comes with CD), I did from the library.

:-)

MarigoldsMama
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I used Hypnobirthing with all 3 of my deliveries. I feel like the techniques worked really well for me! I was calm & relaxed, yet *in control* with each of my labors... even my 10lber. ;)

I took a class with my husband... I don't think our class started until I was about 30 weeks, so 21 weeks should be plenty of time.The book we studied was Hypnobirthing, The Mongan Method by Marie Mongan, although our instuctor incorporated many additional natural childbirth techniques and information.

http://www.hypnobirthing.com/howitworks.htm

I'd be happy to share my experiences. Good luck! :)

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 5, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I really wanted to but couldn't afford it and also couldn't go to the class the 1 day it was offered.  I think it is a great option and at the very least get the book and cd, and like doulala said the library has it so its free and free is great. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN