Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birth control?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 5:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you use it?  What kinds do you use, and why did you chose that method? 

by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM

DH is getting a vasectomy.

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Quoting DixieFlower:

lol that is one I wasn't expecting lol

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Well DH and I decided that two children are definitely all that we can afford to raise. While I'm still breastfeeding there isn't any BC that would be effective for me (pills are a gamble since I absorb things differently than most) that I can take that either won't interfere with my supply or goes against what I believe. (we discussed paraguard but decided we didn't like the idea that an egg can still get fertilized it just wouldn't be able to implant) We can't afford for me to take the time off from work for me to get a tubal so we discussed him getting a vasectomy. He researched it and said okay he'd do it.

Quoting truealaskanmom:
Quoting DixieFlower:

lol that is one I wasn't expecting lol

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM

We choose the Charting Method, whatever you call it. Natural Family planning, Fertility Awareness, etc.

Why? Because it made sense.  I don't like Hormones so there goes like 95% of birth control.

I had an IUD for 4 years and loved it and would do that again, but then I became a surrogate so getting an IUD for just a year or 2 seemed silly and a waste of money, even with insurance. So the old fall back of charting and not having sex for 5 days a month seemed like a good idea.

We have used this method for 11 years and have found it to be good. I have only gotten pregnant when I choose to. However, DH keeps talking of getting a Vasectomy and I keep telling him no. Just in case, you know? He makes cute kids! LOL

I know one thing is for sure, I will NOT get my tubes tied. I just wont.

Tammy

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor but the sick."

Join us in the Natural Birth Group!

MarigoldsMama
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

We choose the Charting Method, whatever you call it. Natural Family planning, Fertility Awareness, etc.

Why? Because it made sense.  I don't like Hormones so there goes like 95% of birth control.

I had an IUD for 4 years and loved it and would do that again, but then I became a surrogate so getting an IUD for just a year or 2 seemed silly and a waste of money, even with insurance. So the old fall back of charting and not having sex for 5 days a month seemed like a good idea.

We have used this method for 11 years and have found it to be good. However, DH keeps talking of getting a Vasectomy and I keep telling him no. Just in case, you know? He makes cute kids! LOL

I know one thing is for sure, I will NOT get my tubes tied. I just wont.

This is what we are doing too, although a vasectomy is in DH's future!

CafeMom Tickers

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I just use condoms don't love doing that, I would use an IUD but from what I researched it can abort and I have strong feelings that way, I won't do hormones and medically can't take most anyways.  I don't want him to get fixed or me either it messes you up too.  I have thought of NFP but I am lazy

krayzbabylove
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:25 AM
I am ttc so no bc here, and honestly, we have only ever used the extraction method and on a rare occasion condoms. After we have our second child though, i plan on getting the mirena iud.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN