Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you check your cervix?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you check your own cervix when trying to conceive, through pregnancy, or labor?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Or do you request others to check you?

Do you decline their offers if they ask to?

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:16 PM

When we were TTC DS1 DH would check my cervix for me. I could never reach it so he would. I used to tell him that I bet he didn't know that our marriage licsense came with an GYN licsense. Outside of that I've never checked my cervix.

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I did one.  A few nights ago.  She was doing something and it felt like something was moving in my vagina.  I was scared and expecting to feel a little foot in there or something.  But it was normal.  I guess she was just kicking it or something.

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Quoting DixieFlower:

When we were TTC DS1 DH would check my cervix for me. I could never reach it so he would. I used to tell him that I bet he didn't know that our marriage licsense came with an GYN licsense. Outside of that I've never checked my cervix.

lol!!

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Quoting kitty8199:

I did one.  A few nights ago.  She was doing something and it felt like something was moving in my vagina.  I was scared and expecting to feel a little foot in there or something.  But it was normal.  I guess she was just kicking it or something.

OMG, what if there had been a foot!

:-O

Glad to hear all was fine~

lol

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM

No I have never and will never check myself it creeps me out.  I also am not a fan of being checked at all, and will only do so out of my own curiosity, every check I had in my last pregnancy I asked for so that is how it should be instead of being told your getting checked. 

mscmariee
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Im 40 wks and 3 days and I want to check myself but I have no idea how to or what I'm feeling for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Quoting mscmariee:

Im 40 wks and 3 days and I want to check myself but I have no idea how to or what I'm feeling for

Checking Your Own Cervix

"If you don't know your options you don't have any"          ~Korte & Scaer

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."    
           ~Rush

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

No I have never and will never check myself it creeps me out.  I also am not a fan of being checked at all, and will only do so out of my own curiosity, every check I had in my last pregnancy I asked for so that is how it should be instead of being told your getting checked. 

I have been curious, but not enough to have any checks, lol.

;-)

"If you don't know your options you don't have any"          ~Korte & Scaer

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."    
           ~Rush

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)