Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you check your cervix?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you check your own cervix when trying to conceive, through pregnancy, or labor?

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Or do you request others to check you?

Do you decline their offers if they ask to?

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:16 PM

When we were TTC DS1 DH would check my cervix for me. I could never reach it so he would. I used to tell him that I bet he didn't know that our marriage licsense came with an GYN licsense. Outside of that I've never checked my cervix.

kitty8199
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I did one.  A few nights ago.  She was doing something and it felt like something was moving in my vagina.  I was scared and expecting to feel a little foot in there or something.  But it was normal.  I guess she was just kicking it or something.

doulala
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Quoting DixieFlower:

When we were TTC DS1 DH would check my cervix for me. I could never reach it so he would. I used to tell him that I bet he didn't know that our marriage licsense came with an GYN licsense. Outside of that I've never checked my cervix.

lol!!

doulala
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Quoting kitty8199:

I did one.  A few nights ago.  She was doing something and it felt like something was moving in my vagina.  I was scared and expecting to feel a little foot in there or something.  But it was normal.  I guess she was just kicking it or something.

OMG, what if there had been a foot!

:-O

Glad to hear all was fine~

lol

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 9:11 PM

No I have never and will never check myself it creeps me out.  I also am not a fan of being checked at all, and will only do so out of my own curiosity, every check I had in my last pregnancy I asked for so that is how it should be instead of being told your getting checked. 

mscmariee
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Im 40 wks and 3 days and I want to check myself but I have no idea how to or what I'm feeling for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Quoting mscmariee:

Im 40 wks and 3 days and I want to check myself but I have no idea how to or what I'm feeling for

Checking Your Own Cervix

"If you don't know your options you don't have any"          ~Korte & Scaer

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."    
           ~Rush

doulala
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

No I have never and will never check myself it creeps me out.  I also am not a fan of being checked at all, and will only do so out of my own curiosity, every check I had in my last pregnancy I asked for so that is how it should be instead of being told your getting checked. 

I have been curious, but not enough to have any checks, lol.

;-)

"If you don't know your options you don't have any"          ~Korte & Scaer

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."    
           ~Rush

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN