Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

A little update

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to give you another update on how things are going with my pregnancy. I went to the doctor on Friday and they did another FFN test. I wont know the result of that until Monday. I have been having a lot of contractions daily to the point that I have to take the trib a couple times a day now to slow the contractions down. Yes the doctor did a VE for me. Im now 2 cm (which I know doesnt mean anything as to when labor will start, but it helps me to know what activities I need to change). I went from not dilated to this in 2 weeks and I know what I was doing so I know what I need to change. Even when I dont get many contractions (past pregnancies) I still dilated early, and had to change my activities around to help slow down the process. We are hoping and praying that the FFN comes back negative, however I know a negative can change to a positive at anytime.

IF I go into labor before 37 weeks then I will be going to the hospital (unfortunitly). Im really hoping to make to 37+ weeks. I dont want her to come that early =( I can tell that she has dropped already, doc said she is head down (which is good but I know it can still change), and I can feel it in my body how its getting things ready. I will continue to keep you all updated as I know whats going on.

baby growth
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Thanks for the update. Did the doctor do the FFN before or after the VE? Best Wishes.

whttigr0
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:48 PM

He did the FFN first.

Quoting DixieFlower:

Thanks for the update. Did the doctor do the FFN before or after the VE? Best Wishes.

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 10:59 PM

cool I don't know how many times I've seen where a VE was done and then a FFN. Makes me cringe since that can change the outcome of the FFN.

Quoting whttigr0:

He did the FFN first.

Quoting DixieFlower:

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Thanks for the update!!

:-)

good luck

whttigr0
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 11:07 PM

ya it definitly can. he has always done the FFNs first though. For an OB he is actually pretty good and listens/follows what mom wants unless there is a true emergency.

whttigr0
by on Nov. 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM

No problem Doulala =) Im really hoping everything works out cause I really want my homebirth lol. I just wouldnt feel comfortable doing before 37 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)