Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very TMI but I need thoughts

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ok I just started my first period at 15 weeks PP, well it is HEAVY and I mean really heavy I went through a super plus tampon in 30 mins and it leaked a bunch.  Earlier I had some clots but just 2.  I don't know at what point I should be concerned that I am bleeding too much, and also if it isn't really a period but a possible miscarriage.  Miscarriage is not likely but not impossible.  So any thoughts would be great.  I am not one to worry but I seem to be bleeding a little more than I should. 

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I think go with your gut, kwim.

If it seems like a lot more than a heavy period flow then you might call your MW.  Do you see her for well-woman care after postpartum?

How about after that one tampon--- more of the same or just that one?

Do you have any cramps or pain?   Or did you with any PMS?

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Yeah I am on the new tampon right now and can tell it is almost full and it has been 20 mins.  I am not sure if my MW do well woman care but I am guessing they would. I can also call my obgyn he is a good guy.  I am crampy and cranky, nausea, and for some reason really hungry even though I ate a huge dinner. 

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:21 AM

hmn.   If this was is the same or heavier you might check in, just in case (I might wait until morning, personally, IF possible)...

I really would guess it's just AF, but I don't know.   Hope you're okay!

HUGS!!

damnthedaisies1
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I had the same thing for about 3 or 4 periods after my son.  My OB said it was completely normal and it eventually calmed down. 

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Quoting damnthedaisies1:

I had the same thing for about 3 or 4 periods after my son.  My OB said it was completely normal and it eventually calmed down. 

That is reassuring---

:-)

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Quoting doulala:

hmn.   If this was is the same or heavier you might check in, just in case (I might wait until morning, personally, IF possible)...

HUGS!!

I guess my only issue with waiting til morning is DH works nights so if I were to pass out or something I would be alone. I hate having to decide things like this why can't this crap happen during the day on a week day so it isn't as big a deal

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Quoting doulala:

HUGS!!

I guess my only issue with waiting til morning is DH works nights so if I were to pass out or something I would be alone. I hate having to decide things like this why can't this crap happen during the day on a week day so it isn't as big a deal

How about a text message to your midwife?   Or email?
Less direct...

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:49 AM

I called and was told to take motrin to see if it slows it and to watch for dizziness fainting etc. but that it can be normal and it might not be.  Thanks guys

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM

ah!  Good, glad to hear that---    that you were able to talk wth someone, that is.

Hugs sweetie!!

mostlymaydays
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Same here, shockingly heavy period, and doubled over, crying on the floor in the fetal position with cramps. And all 4 of my babies were born w no drugs, yet af knocked me on my arse. The first 4 periods, I use a tampon and overnight pads, changing both every couple hours. I don't get af until after they wean, around 24 months pp. I always think those 4 first periods are as heavy as if I had 24 individual periods added up.

Quoting damnthedaisies1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)