Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Ok I just started my first period at 15 weeks PP, well it is HEAVY and I mean really heavy I went through a super plus tampon in 30 mins and it leaked a bunch.  Earlier I had some clots but just 2.  I don't know at what point I should be concerned that I am bleeding too much, and also if it isn't really a period but a possible miscarriage.  Miscarriage is not likely but not impossible.  So any thoughts would be great.  I am not one to worry but I seem to be bleeding a little more than I should. 

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Replies (11-11):
Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Ever since my last birth 2 years ago I have extremely heavy periods! I also cannot go more then 2 hours between tampons and I have to wear a tampon and a pad at night to prevent a mess.

I know this is bad but I have been known to wear both an instead cup and a tampon when I have to go somewhere I might not have access to a bathroom every 2 hours. ;( Sucks!

I'm thinking things should slow down soon but it does seem worrisome that you are going through a tampon in just 30 minutes! Do you have any pads? I'd be curious to see if it looks like less if you used a pad as to opposed to a tampon. ???  I know the rule of thumb for PP is if you soak 1 pad in an hour, for 4 hours, call your OB.

HUGS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)