Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Poll

Question: YAY OR NAY

Options:

NAY

YAY

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

http://nursingbirth.com/2009/05/17/the-deal-with-delayed-cord-cutting-or-%E2%80%9Chey-doctor-leave-that-cord-alone%E2%80%9D/

PROUD MOMMA TO AHMAD JR 3 YRS
SOON TO BE MOMMA TO AVA MICHELE DUE 110410

by on Nov. 13, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Replies (11-15):
Melamma
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Oh yea! We delayed it with two out of the three of our kids and we will be with this one. Our second had meconium and had to come out right away.

peanut06
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I didn't know about it with my kiddos, but, if I have any more, I will definitely be delaying cord cutting/clamping and also natural delivery of placenta.

aptrustingheart.gif Attachment Parenting image by nemmer88  Imagebillboard2.jpg without need is wrong image by Positivemom 

Happy milk-maker to an intact, sling-riding baby boy and his two older sisters!

MomOf2winsPlus1
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I wasn't going to write up a birth plan, but since I have this as one of my requests, I ended up writing one out.  That way they'll have no excuse for not knowing that I want them to delay cutting the cord.  : )

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Who said "nay" ??

lol

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Quoting MomOf2winsPlus1:

I wasn't going to write up a birth plan, but since I have this as one of my requests, I ended up writing one out.  That way they'll have no excuse for not knowing that I want them to delay cutting the cord.  : )

Keep in mind that they might not refer to it when labor happens / after the delivery...

You can remind them and it still may not be honored.    Have an advocate there with you to ensure your wishes are respected~

;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)