Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How do you birth?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM
  • 18 Replies

Are you a calm quiet birther?  Are you a loud screaming birther?  OR a mix, or don't know yet?  If you haven't done it yet what do you think you will be? 

by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EndellionMomma
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I was both. I tried to be calm but that only works so long till you can't help but yell. It actually felt good to yell lol

Pandapanda
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I was very vocal during contractions, but I didn't make a single noise when I was pushing! (Well, I did have to snap at the nicu nurse to stop telling me to breathe while I was pushing)

jubes
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM
With my first I was quiet, calm and focused. IDK if it'll be different this time or not :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I'm quite, just concentrating on the waves of pressure and relaxing my body. Thought during the double peak pressure wave of transition, I did moan through that.

angelluvgoddess
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 6:30 PM

calm and quiet with all 3

Jade812
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 6:48 PM
I am a toner. My midwife says I like to sing my babies out. I also a social birther I need my closest friends there to support me. Of course I could do it alone but, having their company is really comforting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanut06
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I'm a quiet birther.  I'm very in my own little world while breathing through contractions/pushing.  I looked like I was asleep with ds (rodeo #3 LOL).

If only I could have the same effort toward sit-ups/crunches, I'd have envious abs :)

Clara

aptrustingheart.gif Attachment Parenting image by nemmer88  Imagebillboard2.jpg without need is wrong image by Positivemom 

Happy milk-maker to an intact, sling-riding baby boy and his two older sisters!

krayzbabylove
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I wasnt excessively loud, but i wasnt quiet either.

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I went from one extreme to another loud and screaming or so quiet and still, didn't have much of a middle road. 

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I gradually become louder. For most of my labor I'm pretty calm and quiet but towards the end I'm sure everyone knows I'm giving birth. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN