Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

New here and TTC

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

My name is Samantha and we are TTC for our fourth and last baby. I want this time around to be very special. All of my babies were born in the hospital and I hated it. I would love to have an all-natural home birth. I can't wait! Anyone have any tips, advice, suggestions? Anything? I want the knowledge, lol

by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pandapanda
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Well you've come to the right place! I personally haven't had a home birth, but I did have a natural water birth.

Do you want more info on home birthing, midwives, coping techniques?

doulala
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Hi Samantha, welcome!!
:-D

I am really excited for you!

It's cool when women stumble on the path to natural birthing while pregnant, but imo, can be especially neat to be considering & planning it even prior to conception.

It's a big deal, it's really special and important, and a truly incredible journey.
Having faith in the normal process might seem like it should be no problem.   But so many of us have been conditioned to fear pain and to fear labor that it's no wonder we should look for the "unnatural out."  

To stay in the moment, to work with it, to feel the intensity and to surrender into it can be a lot of effort~  but soo sort it.

There are plenty of ways to naturally relieve labor pain.   We can offer suggestions along your path...
Initially, finding the right care provider to attend & support you is essential, as is the environment.   It's great that a homebirth midwife will be a part of your equation!    Excellent start!
Then getting info about the normal process, what to expect and when, will help to eliminate surprises and enable you to feel more confident when things happen.   You can know that it's a normal part of getting through, another step towards meeting baby...

I encourage you to start reading some books...   eventually you can take classes, watch birth videos, etc.   But books will help some concepts to soak in to your subconscious as you live life and TTC.

Glad you are here!
Best wishes!

:-)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

SrkStrickland
by Member on Nov. 17, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Thank you! This is very informative and beautiful. I completely agree and I believe I will be browsing for some books very soon :)

Quoting doulala:

Hi Samantha, welcome!!
:-D

I am really excited for you!

It's cool when women stumble on the path to natural birthing while pregnant, but imo, can be especially neat to be considering & planning it even prior to conception.

It's a big deal, it's really special and important, and a truly incredible journey.
Having faith in the normal process might seem like it should be no problem.   But so many of us have been conditioned to fear pain and to fear labor that it's no wonder we should look for the "unnatural out."  

To stay in the moment, to work with it, to feel the intensity and to surrender into it can be a lot of effort~  but soo sort it.

There are plenty of ways to naturally relieve labor pain.   We can offer suggestions along your path...
Initially, finding the right care provider to attend & support you is essential, as is the environment.   It's great that a homebirth midwife will be a part of your equation!    Excellent start!
Then getting info about the normal process, what to expect and when, will help to eliminate surprises and enable you to feel more confident when things happen.   You can know that it's a normal part of getting through, another step towards meeting baby...

I encourage you to start reading some books...   eventually you can take classes, watch birth videos, etc.   But books will help some concepts to soak in to your subconscious as you live life and TTC.

Glad you are here!
Best wishes!

:-)

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 12:42 PM

welcome!

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 6:33 PM

welcome and I agree with Doulala, also hit the library find videos as well as books, hire a doula, and interview several homebirth midwives unless you are planning to UC. 

SrkStrickland
by Member on Nov. 17, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Thank you :) May I ask what UC is? lol, sorry

Quoting truealaskanmom:

welcome and I agree with Doulala, also hit the library find videos as well as books, hire a doula, and interview several homebirth midwives unless you are planning to UC. 

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Welcome :)

luv_my_babyboy
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 7:41 PM
uc stand for unassisted childbirth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by Member on Nov. 17, 2010 at 9:29 PM

welcometo the group Samantha!

I'm Misty and I just had my first unassisted homebirth last month. My other two deliveries were in a hospital. This last one was by far the BEST experience I could have had. :) My son was born in a birthing pool inside of our home. It was magical.

Any questions you have or anything you want to know, please feel free to ask.

Again, welcome and goo dluck with TTC!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN