Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Telling other people

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

Do you discuss your birth plans with others or do you keep them quiet?

Join us in the Natural Birth Group!

by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VelvetCat
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:14 AM
if people ask yes i do. i dont go into great detail unless they say something ignorant and i need to correct them. . lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiger_tatted1
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Not randon strangers, lol. Family & Friends or people who ask...Yep, Sure!

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:21 AM

If it is brought up yes but as soon as I start they drift away because I am crazy and irresponsible that was the response when I was going to do a homebirth

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Depends on whom I am talking to. For the general people, I dont talk about it at all or severly limit what I do say. I happen to be friends with a lot of "birthy" people so I can tell them anything!

doulala
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Share whenever possible.

:-)

I think it's important to "expose" other people to alternatives to the popular medicated hospital birthing concept because without diversity, natural gets pushed farther away from mainstream.

By talking about it and sharing openly, it can become normalized.

Like breastfeeding!   ;-)

Pandapanda
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM
I tried sharing with my in-laws but they were really mean and dismissive whenever my plan came into a discussion. I proved them all wrong! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyBoyBlue
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM
yes because most people are never exposed to alternatives and dont even know they are out there. They get stuck just doing the norm and have no idea there are other options for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM

All my family and friends knew were were having a home birth with our second child. It sparked some debate and tension. I now tell everyone (who asks) how amazingly diffident my hospital birth was from my home birth. One person I know has told me I'm going to get someone killed by talking up home birth. This poor lady has SO much birth fear that has been compounded by bad hospital births of her grand children. I don't take it personally anymore. I know why she has fear, and I know she will never see past the reasoning the Drs gave for the "emergencies". It sure makes me sad that some women who are TTC, pregnant or PP are stuck in that same rut.

I had a talk with a momma the other day about her birth. She labored for 4 days with no progress. The end result was a c-section. The first thing I noticed when she was letting her feelings out, her MIL was there (not even in the room just in the hospital) and it was causing her tension. I explained that our emotions have a HUGE affect on birth. We discussed that as a possibility for her cervix refusing to open. She still has along way to go before we have completely explored her birth completely, but she hopes for a VBAC. I know she can do it!

Sorry I got way off track...

DixieFlower
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM

This. I also feel that while my births didn't go exactly as planned that is my opportunity to share why so hopefully someone else can avoid it.

Quoting doulala:

Share whenever possible.

:-)

I think it's important to "expose" other people to alternatives to the popular medicated hospital birthing concept because without diversity, natural gets pushed farther away from mainstream.

By talking about it and sharing openly, it can become normalized.

Like breastfeeding!   ;-)

gypsyjewels
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I share. I'm a really open person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN