Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One thing....

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:18 AM
  • 8 Replies

that you can't live without? (besides the obvious answer of our kids/family) lol

Join us in the Natural Birth Group!

by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Coffee.

And I LOVE my night-table lamp for reading in bed...      that makes me feel luxurious.

lol

palemoon21
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:52 AM

Quoting doulala:

Coffee.

I have to agree with you 100% on this!!!!

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 3:00 AM
showering/bathing I can go a while like when we were fishing guides and lived in a tent we showered once a week, but that one shower was HEAVEN!!
hillmom
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM

My electric pressure cooker. I'm notorious for forgetting to get dinner out. My pressure cooker (the best gift I have ever received) can turn a frozen roast into dinner in 60 minutes! 

Pandapanda
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Baking soda.

It cleans my house, can be used for laundry as well as teeth brushing, and it's cheap//fragrance free. I feel like an oddball!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hillmom
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM

That is a great one! You are not an oddball =-) I Use baking soda and vinegar to clean my house. I didn't even think about that. It is hard to pick one thing that couldn't be lived without!

Quoting Pandapanda:

Baking soda.

It cleans my house, can be used for laundry as well as teeth brushing, and it's cheap//fragrance free. I feel like an oddball!

peanut06
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Agree completely!  We had a freak "once a century" ice storm January of '09--seriously, it hit exactly 100 years to the day from the last super ice storm--and were without power, phone, internet, cable, you name it, INCLUDING running water in some places, for 2-4 weeks.  The water companies realized after the storm that they might have needed back-up generators so we weren't using the dwindling water from water towers--duh!  I felt so grungy (and not in the music way) after 3 weeks with only a 20-oz bottle of water for bathing every 4 days that when we got some extra money, we splurged on a hotel because they had running HOT water!!  Thank God we were breastfeeding or I don't know how I would have gotten by feeding our 4.5 month old!

I have cherished every quick shower as if it were a 2-hour soak-fest since then :)

Clara in KY

Quoting truealaskanmom:

showering/bathing I can go a while like when we were fishing guides and lived in a tent we showered once a week, but that one shower was HEAVEN!!

Imagegoveg.gif picture by lilbean08wearbaby.gif attached image by Positivemom
    Happy momma to two sweet girls and one dear son!

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 18, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I find most things I own to be very superficial. I dont "NEED" any of it.

But like Autumn, I have spent many days sans water for showering and it is so nice to finally get that warm shower! :)  I could have next to nothing but getting that shower every couple of weeks is a blessing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)