Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

The Dr. Brewer Pregnancy Diet

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

Have you heard of this? Have you used it during any of your pregnancies? I first heard about this from the first CPM that risked me out. In the folder that she gives potential mom's it had it in detail. While I did risk out with her I did follow a modified version of it during my pregnancy. (due to my malabsorption issues I require way more protien than is mentioned)

The Dr. Brewer Pregnancy Diet

by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lilmissrebel
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I have the recommended amount of stuff you should eat everyday, but I'm not very good with following it... I try to get as much protein as I can, but If not what I'm craving, or just want something else, I get whatever else instead

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I have and would follow it but we don't eat conventionally in our house and it is hard for me t convert it over but I would do it 100% if I was having any issues

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 1:02 AM

I have never followed it but have heard some amazing things about it. I plan on following it loosely with my next pregnancy and seeing what happens.  I have had this recommened by many well respected Midwives and Doulas in my town. I do recommend it for women that had previous pregnancies with Pre-Eclampsia so they can try to reduce their chances of getting it in a future pregnancy.

doulala
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Yes, it was great!

:-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)