Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom of 5/daughter now having a homebirth and becoming a midwife

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

When I had my first child in 1983 I didn't know where to find a midwife so had a not-so-great experience but still natural birth. Then lived where there were midwives, though not legal yet, and had 2 home births. The next 2 were rather late in life (I was 40 & 41) so had 2 more hospital births. The oldest girl cut the umbellical cord of all her siblings (she was only 3 1/2 for the first one).

Used cloths diapers and nursed them all. Let them sleep in my bed. Didn't even try to put them in a crib at night after I nearly dropped my 3rd baby while trying to sit up in a rocking chair to nurse at night.

2 children at home 11 & 12 and their oldest sister is expecting any day now,planning a homebirth and almost finished her schooling to become an accredited midwife.

Children follow what they see... you begin shaping and influencing them from the day that thery are born.

Taryn

by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DixieFlower
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Very true. DS1 who is 21 months old has seen me nursing DS2 who is almost 4wks old. The other day he was playing without a shirt. Next thing I know he points to his nipple and goes "baby" then he bent his mouth towards his nipple and tried to nurse from himself.

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for saying this and for sharing!

Congrats and good luck to you & your family!!!!!!!!

:-D

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM

very cool

Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Horray! This is exactly what we need. It will probably be the ONLY way we can change they way we birth in America. But keep it going!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)