Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

hello!

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

i'm new to the group =) i am currently 12 weeks 3 days with our second child. I am hoping to have a natural birth this time. I actually did try to deliver naturally with my daughter as well, but after 16 hours of my water being broke and me being stuck at 6cm the doctors wanted to administer pitocin to get things moving along. i was exhausted (having been awake for 36+ hours at that point) and upset about not being able to do "this" anymore. my nurses were amazing telling me i had done so good and they would never have been able to be so strong without meds, etc etc. so i went ahead and got an epi prior to the pitocin. that allowed me to sleep for a couple hours prior to delivering my daughter.

well as disappointed as i was i still hope to try again for natural delivery. i picked my doctor based on the hospital i want to deliver at- all because i wanted to be able to use the labor tub! it was a great pain management technique with my daughter and i look forward to it again.

so i'm here to get more information and learn as much as i can to hopefully prepare myself for a 100% natural birth this time =) I'm also considering a doula, just not sure yet.

Lilypie - (KCZL)

Carrie Pedregosa Tastefully Simple Senior Consultant #0104850
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpedregosa

by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Welcome!

I would highly recommend a Doula.

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Welcome, I agree get a doula they are such a great help they can get you through the exhaustion believe me I would know lol. 

doulala
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Welcome!!   :-D

Learning about coping options and strategies prenatally will be helpful.   Getting great care is important.   But having an advocate and support person with you might be a priority.
So I agree with working on getting "doula'd".

;-)

We can help you along your path & offer ideas, suggestions, resources...
Glad to have you here!!

• Doulas mother the mother.       :-)
  • Every woman who wants a doula should have one!      :-)
  • If you don't know your options you don't have any.      ~Korte & Scaer
  • If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.    -John H. Kennell, MD
  • Women's strongest feelings (in terms of their birthings), positive and negative, focus on the way they were treated by their caregivers.       ~Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin
  • labor is not about dilation.  Your body knows how to give birth whether or not you have a pelvic exam during labor.  Birthing women need encouragement to trust their bodies, and to be the stars of their own labors.     ~The Doula Guide to Birth

palemoon21
by Member on Dec. 2, 2010 at 4:28 PM

welcomeI just had my first all natural birth in October. Malachi was born at home in a birth pool with only his father and my friend present. It was very magical. I'd love to hear any questions you have. :)

Also, doulas are wonderful!

DixieFlower
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I absolutely agree! I loved having a doula present at both births.

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

Welcome!

I would highly recommend a Doula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN