Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birth story

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM
  • 4 Replies

Miss Baylee was welcomed into the world on Saturday 11-27-2010, @9:18pm, weighing in at 8lbs 2oz. i was in early labor 18 hrs. Woke up around 1:30 am and had contractions 2-3 mins apart, not too painful, by 3:30 they were very painful and getting stronger so i woke up hubby and we headed off. Got checked at L&D and was only a 2. I was a 1 in the office on Weds. I was very upset! They had me walk for 2 hrs, get back into bed where the contractions stopped. They sent me home about 7:30am. The contrax picked back up 2 mins apart as soon as we left the hospital. Dh and DS#1 went to a college football game and DS#2 and I hung out at home. He was such a good boy! When I would get a contractions he would tell me, it's ok mom, it's ok. The pain was bad! I took 3 or 4 hot baths and he would get in with me and play with his toys while I labored and dozed. I was so tired. My mom and sister showed up unexpectedly. i had stopped timing them, i just know the only "relief" i got was on the toliet. Around 7:15pm i started to feel like i had to push. i told dh i was going back and he said i could go with my mother and if they admitted me he would come then. i was not happy with this but just got dressed. While putting my shoes on i had a contrax and my butt slid off the chair and looked my dh and said I'm pushing!!!he said on second thought all three of us will go! We get to L&D get hooked up and checked and I'm only a 5 stretchy 6 -1 station. I was so upset, but they said they were going to keep me. I asked for an epi and they said I had to have blood work and a full bag of iv fluid. I said ok. the doc wanted to break my water but would wait until the epi. During one hard contraction my water broke on it's own. I asked where the epi was and was told he was stuck in the icu. Then I had to push, dr checked me and I was 9 and pushing, he told me to stop and I couldn't. He put his hand up there and moved the cervix. OUCH! One looooooooooong push later Baylee Katherine Elizabeth was born. She had meconium in the water, but the ped team didn't make it either. She was ok. Not much time in the birth canal. I had no tearing, thanks to the DR that told me to slow down so I could stretch naturally.  They put her on my chest where I watched in wonder as she looked around at first, not crying for a few seconds. They then suggested I take my gown off and do skin to skin. I nursed her immediately, she wasn't interested but we tried. I had her for 30 to 45 mins then they weighed her and wrapped her up for daddy to hold. Epi guy finally showed up! We finished watching Wizard of Oz then was transferred to our maternity room. She is nursing Good, we're working on latch as she is hurting my nipples. and found out last night mommy can NOT have broccoli. Got no sleep, either one of us! I thought about giving her a paci last night, but the hospital doesn't provide them! I was impressed with that. Was discharged this morning and the kids and I have been on our own. Dh had to work. We've done well! My boys are in love with our princess! As are DH and myself! Our family is complete!

Lilypie - (t8Ps)Lilypie - (AqBY)   Lilypie - (ng30)

by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MarigoldsMama
by on Nov. 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! :)

truealaskanmom
by on Nov. 30, 2010 at 12:47 AM

congrats

doulala
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2010 at 2:49 AM

HOOORAY!!!!!!!

:-D

happy

congratulations

DixieFlower
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Congrats!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)