Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Co-sleeping, rooming in, or a nursery?

Posted by   + Show Post

We have our son room in with us, and I really love having him so close. However.. I prefer for him to sleep with us. He'll normally lay on his belly on me, or on his side with his back against me. Anyway, my DH thinks he'll be sleeping with us for the rest of our lives if I keep doing this. Yuck!

So, do you co sleep? If not, where does baby go to?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Replies (21-23):
mami2cervantes
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 11:50 AM

my daughter was like that! refused to sleep on her back, had to be tummy or sometimes side, if i laid her on her back shed wake up or roll herself over

Quoting DixieFlower:

Both of mine are like this and with both of them even at the hospital they ended up putting them on their stomachs.

Quoting Pandapanda:

He absolutely will not sleep on his back. He'll roll over or at least halfway and go to sleep on his own. I'm not positioning him like that myself.. this kid can even sleep sitting up on the couch! Lol

Quoting kitty8199:

Sleeping on his belly or side is going to increase risk of SIDS.  Always remember back to sleep.  I plan on room sharing.  Her bassinet is right next to my bed.  

MarigoldsMama
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Um... All of the above!

We have the baby sleep in our room (bassinet next to me) and co-sleep for the first several months. We also have a nursery set up with a crib. I like for Maxwell to nap in his crib. It is a quiet and safe place for him to be. (I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old who love their brother a little TOO much sometimes!)

Now, I have Maxwell sleeping in his crib for part of the night. He goes to sleep in his crib at bedtime with no fuss.   I also have a twin bed/daybed set up in the nursery. When he wakes in the night, I go to his room and and we co-sleep / nurse in there. Sometimes we are playing "musical beds" all night long. Often I'll return to my bed, only to find that my 2 year old and/or 4year old have taken my spot! LOL

My husband just doesn't sleep well with a baby in bed with us. (We are on our 3rd child and have learned through experience!) The way our upstairs is set up. all the rooms are very close off a central hall. I can hear the children stirring from any of the bedrooms.

DixieFlower
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Evan sleeps in a bassinet next to my side of the bed. However, if DH isn't in the bed then I lay in bed with him. DH is a very heavy sleeper and uses a lot of pillows. Both of which make him a bad canidate to bedshare with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)