Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-sleeping, rooming in, or a nursery?

Posted by   + Show Post

We have our son room in with us, and I really love having him so close. However.. I prefer for him to sleep with us. He'll normally lay on his belly on me, or on his side with his back against me. Anyway, my DH thinks he'll be sleeping with us for the rest of our lives if I keep doing this. Yuck!

So, do you co sleep? If not, where does baby go to?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Sunshine_246
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 3:26 AM
I guess we don't have sex that often but we would never do it if we had to leave the room because my bil lives with us. So, I guess although I love my kids close we have to have a middle ground where they aren't always in or bed so we can stay married, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nienna7477
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 8:53 AM

we co-slpet for like the 1st month but he started not liking it, I didnt think that was posible but it's true. He won't sleep next to us anymore. My son and m husband both have naturally raised body temp so my son will just start sweating and ofcourse that isnt comfortable so he keeps waking up. We have his crib in our room. He is now 4 months old. He doesnt wake up at night to get up he just wakes up for that stupid pacifier he is so addicted to.(thats a whole other story) but I like he is close enough we can just get up real quick before he completely wakes up. I think I might be ok with him going in his own room now but I'm going to wait until after winter. his room gets super cold. I do miss the closness we had when he would co-sleep. He never been one of those cuddle bunnie babies. always come on let me go see the world! I'm to busy for that!

Mare1180
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM

my older son wouldnt sleep with us in the room at all. he slept near us but not in our bed. this time i will be sleeping in a bed in the nursery near the baby's crib.

mami2cervantes
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM

as far as the sex question goes, we always just moved him/her to the crib and put a sheet up on the side... or went to another room, there are places everywhere!

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Sleeping on his belly or side is going to increase risk of SIDS.  Always remember back to sleep.  I plan on room sharing.  Her bassinet is right next to my bed.  

MammaQuinny
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I put evan to sleep in his crib then when he wakes up he comes in bed with us and sleeps with us, we love it, I cuddle him all night long and he loves to attack us in the morning!

Hrivera5
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Co-sleeping since it will make breastfeeding at night easier :)

palemoon21
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Malachi sleeps in bed with me. Sometimes I put him in his pack & play but even that is right next to my bed. 

Pandapanda
by on Dec. 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM
He absolutely will not sleep on his back. He'll roll over or at least halfway and go to sleep on his own. I'm not positioning him like that myself.. this kid can even sleep sitting up on the couch! Lol

Quoting kitty8199:

Sleeping on his belly or side is going to increase risk of SIDS.  Always remember back to sleep.  I plan on room sharing.  Her bassinet is right next to my bed.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Both of mine are like this and with both of them even at the hospital they ended up putting them on their stomachs.

Quoting Pandapanda:

He absolutely will not sleep on his back. He'll roll over or at least halfway and go to sleep on his own. I'm not positioning him like that myself.. this kid can even sleep sitting up on the couch! Lol

Quoting kitty8199:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)