Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Little Update with a Question!!!! Getting closer to meeting Veronica =)

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 21 Replies

Since yesterday my contrations have been about 10 mins apart. Sometimes they come closer but mostly they are 10 mins apart. I know this can go on for a while, but I just wanted to let you ladies know. Im finally over the 36 week mark (my ticker was wrong lol) so Im not as worried about her being born now. Dont worry lol Im not doing anything to move it along just waiting to see what happens. I didnt get much sleep last night as they are pretty strong contractions lasting over 1 min each time. They just arent very close yet.

Little Update:

They are consistantly  5 mins apart as of right now and have been for about 3 hours now. I have been resting as much as possible with 6 other children at home lol. Im just taking it easy and letting it run its course. I may do some walking this weekend if shes not here yet.

Another Update:

The contractions have slowed down for now. I had a really good time watching movies with the kids last night. Then I got a really good night sleep (best I have had in a long time lol). Woke up to ( TMI) some blood mixed mucus and some lighter contractions then I was having the last couple days. Just trying to remind myself that my body knows what it is doing and its doing what it needs to be doing =)

Not much to update:

Well theres not much to update today. Still having the contractions and a lot of lower back pain, but not much of anything else. The contractions have slowed down and arent regular anymore, but the back pain is almost contstant. Im beginning to wonder if its false labor and just getting ready for the real thing.

Im not really sure if I should walk to help it along or just take it easy as its still kind of early for her. What would you do? When I walk around the contractions come regular. They stayed regular until my kids came here from their dads and thats when they slowed down.

by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Oh good luck! I hope it picks up and get going for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 4:11 PM

How exciting, make sure you are hydrated and eating a lot, and try as hard as you can to get some sleep, as much sleep as you can you will need the rest. 

whttigr0
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM

thanks ladies =) I think the kids and I are going to watch a movie tonight and see where things go =)

DixieFlower
by on Dec. 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Awesome!! Can't wait for another update :)

whttigr0
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM

bump for another update

doulala
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM

good luck

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Fingers crossed that time is soon. 

whttigr0
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM

little update with a question

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 11:07 PM

I would do a little of both walk a while and rest the walking can help progress at the time and then rest in between.  Once you feel really rested maybe walk a little more.  Good luck

DixieFlower
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I would do what you feel like doing. I know that with me during early labor I just felt like I needed to keep moving. As my contractions got closer it got to the point where I had to walk. I couldn't sit or lay down. Your body will let you know what you need to do :) Can't wait for more updates :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN