Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

water leaking?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 10 Replies
this is my third baby and i have never had my water break before full on labor started. . .so i really have no idea what its like. all i know is i had just fully peed about 10 minutes before . . i bent down to get my little one into his clothes and felt fluid. tried to pinch it off. . .didnt stop. got on the toilet and watched as it sort of trickled out it was clear. maybe 1/4 cup. wiped and it had no smell. i am pretty sure this happened 2 nights ago after a bath too. . .but this time i am having a lot of back pain. some contractions with good cramping. . . but i have had prelabor for almost 7 weeks now. . .so these are nothing new. i am due in 2 days edd. . . . i guess i wonder if i should refrain from sex? i kinda wanna get some action tonight but if it really was some fluid i dont want to risk infection. .. . . not really wanting to head to l and d either. i am 5 cm and 80% and i dont wanna fall into that whole trap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Have you laid back in a reclined position for 15 mins and then stand up if you leak it is likely water, can you push any out?, does it have any flecks in it? Does it smell if so what like?  I would refrain from sex if I were you, but if you don't think it is water go ahead.  I hope all is well.  Keep us updated. 

VelvetCat
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 11:10 PM
so i put in a pad and i have been lying on the couch. got up to pee and my urine is yellow. . .so i know whatever it was before had to be fluid. . but no more has really come out. my contractions are anywhere from 12 - 20 minutes apart. . . last less than 1 minute. i have alot of back pain and cramping with shooting pains down my yaya. . . . so . . i dont know what to think right now. waiting for doula to call. i think dh and i will watch a movie and if not much changes we will hit the sac. . lol. no smell. . it did have some mucus in it.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Have you laid back in a reclined position for 15 mins and then stand up if you leak it is likely water, can you push any out?, does it have any flecks in it? Does it smell if so what like?  I would refrain from sex if I were you, but if you don't think it is water go ahead.  I hope all is well.  Keep us updated. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Im gonna guess that it wasn't your water that it is just watery discharge but it still might be.  If you feel that sex is ok then go ahead.  Good luck and get some rest. 

Roadfamily6now
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 1:22 AM
It might very well be your water but the fact that you are still "leaking" means that any hole you have in the amniotic sac is very small and being sealed back up by baby 's head. No worries.
VelvetCat
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM
UPDATE. went to bed last night. no sex. woke up this morning and did make a little lovin. . lol. lost a bunch of bloody mucus and having contractions every 5 minutes. . . . hoping its the real deal ladies! woohoo! just hangin at home on my ball watchin toy story for now. . .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I was guessing that baby's movement might be pressing into something and triggering contractions, but it might be discharge.

Usually a hole in the sac will leak more-consistently.    Even if it reseals, is high, or head is corking, you'd likely get more than just those two times.

It could be amniotic fluid, but I will guess not likely...
You are close though, so who knows.

Wow.   Near the end already.   I remember the beginning...
And before the beginning.
I just want to send you lots of hugs, hun.
You are wonderful and strong~
You're doing really great!

:-)

DixieFlower
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM

can't wait for another update :)

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:48 PM

keep us updated. 

VelvetCat
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 11:04 PM
ooooh so frustrated. obviously not my water. . .and. . .no baby yet. i am really struggling to keep positive. this has been a really hard pregnancy. still having contractions throughout the day. . .some very very painful. i know it is serving some purpose. . .but it almost scares me. my last vbac was less than 2 hours (i had false labor or whatever u wanna call it for 5 weeks with him. . .this one it has been 8 weeks now). knowing i am already so thinned and dialated makes me wonder if this one could go down a similar path. my husbands work is 45 minutes from home . . i have 2 little boys at home that i need to make sure i find a sitter for and i may need a ride to the hospital in a very quick manner.. . .and the closest person i have available is 20 minutes away. im just over the anticipation. im ready. anyways . . thanx for the interest in updates and letting me rant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VelvetCat
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 11:05 PM
thanx hun. glad u have been there throughout my last 2 pregnancies with all your support and knowledge.

Quoting doulala:

I was guessing that baby's movement might be pressing into something and triggering contractions, but it might be discharge.

Usually a hole in the sac will leak more-consistently.    Even if it reseals, is high, or head is corking, you'd likely get more than just those two times.

It could be amniotic fluid, but I will guess not likely...
You are close though, so who knows.

Wow.   Near the end already.   I remember the beginning...
And before the beginning.
I just want to send you lots of hugs, hun.
You are wonderful and strong~
You're doing really great!

:-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)