Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Welcoming Aurora Skye!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

So here's the long story:

I had posted that I was having my 8 - soon to be 9 year old's birthday party early on 12/4 to avoid any interference cuz his bday is 12/13 and my EDD was 12/17. I have never been more than 2 days early. We had his party and settled in early for the night.

I was woken up at 1:30am by my 12 year old cuz he was throwing up. Apparently caught the stomach bug my bf just  got over and my 18 month old had. I cleaned it up, got him settled, and went back to bed about 2am. My 8 yearold woke me at about 3am also not feeling well. Got him settled and went back to bed about 3:30am. The 18 month old woke me at 5am cuz he wanted to get into our bed so I  let him out of desperation to sleep. I went back to sleep around 5:30am. I woke at 8 am with back pain only to notice the youngest took off his diaper and got poop on our floor. So I washed him in the shower but was also trying to time contractions cuz I had a feeling it was real. I continued to chase him around and deal with the other 2 kids while timing contractions until about 9:10am when I decide to call my mom down. We left, stopped off at Dunkin for my bf's coffee, and got to the hospital about 9:40- we live close. They registered me and brought me in triage to be checked. I was 7cm. They brought me into delivery where I walked around until my OB got there which was all of 10 minutes later - he's nuts. As he was preparing to check me, my water broke - 1st time ever on it's own. He knew at  that point it was gonna be quick cuz usually my babies are crowning with the water still intact until he breaks it. He checked me and said to start pushing. So while he got dressed I started pushing. Within 15 minutes at 10:21am Aurora was born. She weighed 8lbs 3oz, 20 inches long.

I only needed 1 stitch so I opted out of numbing the area cuz it was quick which my OB suggested. Total labor was 2 hours and 21 minutes. I was only at the hospital for about 45 minutes. I was kinda stunned once she was out because it went so quick. I even joked with everyone that it was like thanksgiving dinner- hours of prep for 5 minutes of eating lmao.

We left today cuz I hate long hospital stays. I would have left yesterday but it was cold by the evening so I waited til today. We are doing great and the boys are excited. I am so happy she is finally here :) Here are 2 pics. I'll have better less blotchy ones later in the week lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
palemoon21
by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM

So precious!

peanut06
by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Congrats!  Love the cheeks :)

lilcntrymama
by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Awwwe :) Congrats!

miranda6633
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM

aww she is beautiful

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 1:37 AM

congrats

DixieFlower
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Congrats!!

Hrivera5
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Congratulations!

Pandapanda
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Adorable! Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)