Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Birthing Styles

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 1:52 AM
  • 4 Replies

Does your labor & birth style reflect the way you parent your children?

Join us in the Natural Birth Group!

by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Depends on what you mean, I was a screamer in labor and I do yell.  I am a big huge sucker with my kids they pretty much are spoiled rotten.  I hate making them sad, seeing them sad, etc.  I am pretty laid back with my parenting I just go with it and redirect when needed.  I was uptight in labor, but if you mean picking natural labor then yes it goes hand and hand because I labor naturally more for their sake then mine, and I parent for them not me.  I grew up hard and I want my kids to enjoy being kids, and I will do whatever it takes to make their life experiences memorable. 

palemoon21
by on Dec. 7, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I raise my children pretty much the same way I gave birth......peacefully and not so mainstream. I choose herbal rememdies over conventional meds, I trust my instincts over the advice of a book that was written by a physician, I teach my children to trust in themselves and nature and not have to put all their faith in a broken society.

doulala
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2010 at 2:16 AM

I suppose because first it reflects my Life Philosophy.     So it reflects who I am and how I am, and this will translate into how I parent.

;-)

Baby3inJanuary
by on Dec. 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Basically, my HBAC was natural, unconventional, instinctive, and a choice made from being willing to question conformity. And that is in keeping with the way I live life, as is my mothering.

So yes.

-Meg, homeschooling, homesteading, and homebirthing after cesarean, loving life as an Over-35 SAHM and Postal Wife.

DD born 2004 8 lb c/sec; DS born 2007 10 lb HBAC, happily planning another homebirth in the second half of January, 2011!

pregnancy due date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)