Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Ugg, friend with 3rd c-section...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

I love her to pieces, really, I do.  But, I can't believe how complacent she is about this being her 3rd c-section "because the first two were."  I know her OB is a vbac fan because my cousin sees the same one and had a vbac after a breech baby.  She's nearing the end of another difficult pregnancy, so I don't want to stress her any more than she already is.  (Her second pregnancy was a stillbirth at 35 weeks and he was born c-section because he was almost 11 pounds then.)

Anyway, just had to rant...
Clara

Imagegoveg.gif picture by lilbean08wearbaby.gif attached image by Positivemom
    Happy momma to two sweet girls and one dear son!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

simple frown

Pandapanda
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM
That's tough. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffs2009
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:31 AM

I can understand but I want a vba2c and am having an issue finding someone that will take me :( I do hope everything goes well and baby comes out fine

doulala
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:41 AM

That is hard.

It's her stuff to work though...
You know it;s safer and possible to avoid unnecessary risks.    But she needs help to appreciate that.

Can you two create a list of concerns and questions together, then ask them (together) in a prenatal appointment?

peanut06
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:41 AM

She's set on the c-section and doesn't want any of the "uncertainty of vaginal birth," her words.  Her amnio is set for Tuesday and, pending that, c-section is Thursday, unless she goes into hard labor and then surgery will be sooner....  I figure I can be supportive other ways, like encouraging her to try breastfeeding again and get her into the whole attachment/gentle parenting mindset. This is her last pregnancy, so I'm hoping she will get into it with baby C and her dd age 7.  Also, I sent her a link on how to handle a c-section if that's how you HAVE to deliver. 

Quoting doulala:

That is hard.

You know it;s safer and possible to avoid unnecessary risks.    But she needs help to appreciate that.

Can you two create a list of concerns and questions together, then ask them (together) in a prenatal appointment?

Imagegoveg.gif picture by lilbean08wearbaby.gif attached image by Positivemom
    Happy momma to two sweet girls and one dear son!

doulala
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM

You are so great!!   :-)

I am worried for her because it's so risky, but she must choose for herself.
It's great that she has you to be there for her, however you can~~

Quoting peanut06:

She's set on the c-section and doesn't want any of the "uncertainty of vaginal birth," her words.  Her amnio is set for Tuesday and, pending that, c-section is Thursday, unless she goes into hard labor and then surgery will be sooner....  I figure I can be supportive other ways, like encouraging her to try breastfeeding again and get her into the whole attachment/gentle parenting mindset. This is her last pregnancy, so I'm hoping she will get into it with baby C and her dd age 7.  Also, I sent her a link on how to handle a c-section if that's how you HAVE to deliver. 

Quoting doulala:

That is hard.

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM

It is tough but just be there for her since c-sections are a hard way to deliver and take such a toll mentally and physically.  It is times like this we are really tested it isn't about being right it is about being there.  Good luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)