Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've Been Bamboozled!!!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:20 PM
  • 48 Replies

angryI'm so mad and just plain hurt today!  Had my 32 week appointment and the Doctor I THOUGHT was in my corner totally turned into a frog today!  If you know my story, you'd know that I got a letter kicking me out of the Practice I go to for OB/GYN services.  They said my Birth plan was too radical.  Radical meaning, I wanted no intervention deemed unnecessary, the cord only clamped when stopped pulsing, preference for a female Midwife/Doctor...blah, blah, blah--- you know NORMAL stuff!  She said so proudly to me...."You almost got me into trouble, but I went up to bat for you.  They said you were too radical in your birth plan, but I told them you are willing to be hooked up and given any intervention they deemed necessary for the delivery of your baby and your health.  Now, I went to bat for you, but you have to do everything they say or they are going to kick you out."  Basically, TRASH MY ENTIRE BIRTH PLAN.  And then that chick asked if I wanted an induction AFTER telling me how good my vitals, etc. were and how the pregnancy was progressing nicely!  The BALLS of steel on this woman!!!! I cried all the way to a friend's house.  Then I tried talking to a few people about a possible Home Birth by ourselves...an unassisted homebirth...geeze..I only have 8 weeks (give or take) to go!  These DOCTORS really got my panties all in a bunch!!!!!!!  I have NO IDEA WHAT I AM GONNA DO.  Hubby had to rush back to work.  My landlord tells me to call her when I am in labor so she can NOT be around and suggested another hospital.  She gave me another hospital option though....told me she'd deliver that baby herself than go to the hospital I was going to go to.  That is the UMPth time I've heard that about that hospital.  I am going to take her advice.  I just don't know what to do without a Doctor.  I am going to use them for my prenatal care, and that is IT!!!!!  I am going to take copies of my records in the last few weeks and be OUT!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanut06
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Ouch!  Don't know what to say other than to offer hugs!  If everything looks fine closer to the date, I'd go with the "accidental" homebirth, too.  There are tons of ladies in this group who can offer what to do about homebirthing.

Clara

jubes
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:03 PM
I'm sorry, how disappointing :( I'd be very upset too. IDK, I'd probably "accidentally" have baby at home then call 911.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RugersMommy06
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:23 AM

You can always show up at the last minute--usually no time for interventions by then.

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 6:03 PM

WOW.  I believe what they did is against the law.  I think that in the last 90 days they are not allowed to drop your care without having other care set up for you.  I could be wrong though.  I know doulala knows for sure.  

Have you thought of finding a midwife to do a homebirth?  Where are you located?  There are traveling midwives that can help you.  I think in this case that a UC would be safer because they will railroad you if you show up and I wouldn't be surprised if they called cps for some stupid reason.  Good luck and let me know if you need help.  I am good at last minute creative birth

AntroNet
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

WOW.  I believe what they did is against the law.  I think that in the last 90 days they are not allowed to drop your care without having other care set up for you.  I could be wrong though.  I know doulala knows for sure.  

Have you thought of finding a midwife to do a homebirth?  Where are you located?  There are traveling midwives that can help you.  I think in this case that a UC would be safer because they will railroad you if you show up and I wouldn't be surprised if they called cps for some stupid reason.  Good luck and let me know if you need help.  I am good at last minute creative birth

I did research a midwife earlier and my mouth dropped at the out of pocket cost. I am in between Wilmington and Jacksonville, NC.  What is cps?  Or did you mean cops?  I was just going to labor at home and go in at last minute.  As far as this Doctor care, I was going to keep going just to have the results of my group b strep test then tell them they are fired....show up at the ER to give birth (probably at another hospital altogether), sign the "against medical advice" form and give birth my way.  I do think they will bombard me with interventions cause they don't know me and don't know about the baby...but I was going to ask for all my records before walking out after getting the test for gbs results in my hand.  What do you think?  And I am all ears for the last minute creative birth ideas...pour it on!

tiger_tatted1
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Im so sorry! Call your local SS or WIC office and ask them for help. To recommend something! Look into natural birth groups/mammas and see who they can recommend...Look into birthings centers/midwives/doulas etc....OR call your insurance provider(or look on their website) and search for OB's and call them all asking if they will support your plan...Im sure you will find at least one!

What state are you in?

Also, No matter what hospital you go to..You will have a dr deliver your baby..Whether your seeing a certain dr or not. If you stop going to the dr your seeing now then when you show up at the hospital whoever the hospital has working at the time will deliver your baby...And you can refuse anything and everything YOU WANT! A doula would HELP YOU in this!

Good Luck!

tiger_tatted1
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Quoting AntroNet:

What is cps?  Or did you mean cops? 

Child Protective Services

mostlymaydays
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Cps- child protective services, or whatever agency you have locally that investigates allegations of child abuse and neglect, dcf-dept of children and families. Like pp said, they sound like they might call and tell them you are making irresponsible choices and endangering your newborn's life. *sigh*.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 5:38 AM

Ok here is my thought call a midwife for a homebirth and find out if they do insurance and if your insurance will cover and if they will do payment plans etc.  That is the best option stay home.  Next option stay home UC and if you think you need checked go in as an at home oops.  Third option show up pushing.  I would forgo the gbs test it is hit and miss.  What I did since I was a VBAC and legally had to have a doctor deliver was labor at a birthcenter with midwives until transition and went to the hospital pushed and that was that. I think you can find a midwife who will take you and do a homebirth with you and work with you on payment. Look into that first

Pandapanda
by on Dec. 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM
Gbs tests aren't really reliable, since you can have it one day and not have it three days from now. Read the emergency childbirth post here, and have your so/husband read it too. I'll bump it up for you when I get to a computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)