Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

New!

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:17 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am due July 30th and I need advice. I have had 2 c-sections, long story but neither were medically needed and I was forced into them in different ways. I really wanted a vbac with #2 but after being in early labor for 2 weeks and only 3.5 cm they refused t break my water and I was stalled. My doc never told me I had other options and being only 20 I went with him to do the c-section.

This time I refuse to have one! I am allergic to epidurals and pain meds so having major surgery is a nightmare for me. In my state you cannot give birth after 2 c-sections in a center but I am a little scared about a home birth....

Has any one had c-sections and had a successful safe home birth? I HATED being at the hospital while in labor and after wards and not being able to walk cause they kept my epi for 24 hours after surgery since I'm more allergic to pain meds then the epi :(

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Tickerbaby

by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
doulala
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:42 AM

What concerns do you have?
Let's create a list and go through it~ see if we can help to shed some light and get through wories.

;-)

tiffs2009
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:49 AM

With #2 I dropped at 29 weeks and she got lodged in my pelvis and they doc had to yank her out during the c-section. My scare was stretched thin (my first 2 were 1.5 years apart and now my youngest is 3) and might have ruptured. I was in early labor for 2 weeks contracting regularly every 5-10 min and 1 min duration and only got to 3.5cm :(

I am really fearful that I will ruture but I am not going to agree to a planned c-section especially at 37 weeks like my OB wants. The thought of going through another c section makes me almost have a panic attack and all I want is a healthy baby done naturally.

doulala
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Have you ever consulted with a midwife?

tiffs2009
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:57 AM

I have an appointment on the 22nd of this month

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)