Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried about 2 year old DD

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:25 AM
  • 3 Replies

My 2 year old has always been an independent great sleeper.  Until now.  The last month she has been getting out of bed 10 times a night and getting into stuff and eventually in bed with me.  We put a baby gate in her doorway and she will scream and scream and cry until she falls asleep at the gate on her floor with her pillow.  The issue is she won't sleep.  We tried to have her go to bed with us and she still cried and said she couldn't go to sleep.  I am hoping it is a fairly normal phase and maybe result of having a new baby in the house, but I am worried it is more serious.  Has anybody dealt with this?  Any tips.  I am soo upset and worried I cry right along with her because it breaks my heart to see her seem so panicked about going to sleep.  I am not getting any sleep because her antics wake the baby and it is a round robin battle all night until about 4 am . Please help. 

by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
doulala
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Sounds normal to me~   not ideal but fairly common.

How about moving her bed into your room?
You can "sidecar" or put against a different wall.    If she needs to be with you it's for a deeper reason, not because she's trying to be naughty or something.

Is there anything else different or changed since your baby was born?
Has she been working on potty training?
Weaning?

truealaskanmom
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 3:20 AM

yeah she has been potty training and since this started she regressed in that too and only pees on the potty during the day but won't poop on the potty.  It isnt possible to move her bed in with us she sleeps in a full size bed and needs the room.  Gosh I feel dumb I didn't put the potty training and this together.  Did I mention I love you.  So I am going to not even put pressure on her about that, she can do it IF she wants and only if she wants.  Thank you so much.  *face palm*  

doulala
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Ahh, no hun.    There is sooo much going on right now.
;-)

With a new baby and all, everyone is affected a little bit~   you all will be okay, just little hurdles here and there, ya no?

Love you too my dear!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)