Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would be my best options if ...

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM
  • 8 Replies
41 weeks is almost here for me. i know some of u have kept up with my story and i greatly appreciate your feedback and support. my midwife is checking baby daily now. it took a long time for him to find enough amniotic fluid to feel ok about sending me home yesterday. . but what if next time he checks me and levels arent so good. . or if the baby starts becoming distressed for one reason or another? i want a natural vbac. . but if complications arise. . .what would my best option be? have my water broken? try a tiny amount of pit and take those chances?or . . .just schedule a csection?i hate every option but if comes down to life or death. . i have to make one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:48 AM

BUMPING so others can answer.  All I can offer are hugs and prayers for baby to come on!

by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:50 PM


by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:54 PM
I don't know, but isn't pit contraindicated for vbac? Without going into my stories, twice I had my water broke to induce, and for me that's all it took. If they were insisting on taking the baby one way or another, I suppose I'd do the water break and labor trial (assuming the baby's head is low, low, low) before I'd just consent to csection.
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:45 PM

This is my thoughts if it were me.  If your fluid levels are low breaking your water is only going make matters worse.  Have you considered getting an IV bag or two of fluids to help with that?  Considering you have already had a VBAC pit isn't as dangerous but still not so great.  I would only have another c-section if it was life or death and at this point it is not.  Low fluid is normal at the end it is how your uterus gets traction to effectively contract and push baby out. This is my suggestion.  Get a couple IV bags done and sleep while doing it if possible.  Then  I would go to the chiropractor get and adjustment, after that get a massage pressure point heavy.  If this doesnt relax you and help out I would then try accupuncture it is supposed to be very effective.  I think you are worrying because of the c-section fear which I know and understand 100000%.  C-sections are only for true emergencies being in the position you are in is not an emergency it is just stressful.  The average gestation is 41 weeks 1 day.  So just think what if you consented to a c-section and nature would have kicked in the next day?  You really need to trust your body and baby.  Ultrasounds this late are not recommended because low fluid is common and it freaks people out.  Just realize that your baby is still in there for a reason, and maybe it is you are too stressed so find a way to relax.  Please please sleep and rest make that your priority right now.  Labor is coming and damn soon every second you are sooooo much closer.   I believe the stats at this point is that you are 75% likely to go into labor today, 80% tomorrow, 85% the day after, 90% the next, and 95% the next, and every day past it is 99% and above.  It will be ok.  I know a mom who went 42 weeks 3 days and got her VBAC.  SHe turned her phone off and stopped going to appointments because they wanted to induce, or section and were making all kinds of reasons that the baby needed to be born now.  In the end she was right her baby was born in normal range when they said 10+ pounds etc.  Please try and relax and put it out of your mind as much as you can.  I know that is soooo hard.  You can do this.  Also I have been told that a glass of red wine will help, Im not a fan but it might help you.  Good luck and PM me if you need to. 

by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM


by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM



I don't know any more than this and I hope this is okay to share here...
     I waited a while...

We are all waiting with baited breath so you can update when you are able~




(from the due date group)



i will fill everyone in later with the details. . .

isaac ian was born at 7:31 p.m. 12/10/10. he came in 1 hour! both of us are great. thanx to everyone here for all your support. iwill post the whole story tomorrow!




by on Dec. 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN