Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What's your favorite type of birth control?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM
  • 10 Replies

?

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM

I don't have one.  THe one we use works but makes the experience less fun

Pandapanda
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I don't like BC. I've only tried hormonal types, and I believe 100% that hormones in the pills/ring/patch are why I am still having bleeding issues off and on at almost 7mo pp. Letting nature take it's course, and tracking my cycles/nfp will be what we use from now on.

RugersMommy06
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:51 AM

none! but I use the mini-pill for now.

WholeFoodsMom
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Pregnant.... so none right now. :) I'm looking at the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Definitely not going with hormonal BC this time around. I'm a little worried about getting a surprise... but we'll work this natural stuff out! 

NatNatsmama
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:18 AM

FAM(fertility awareness method) I am going to go back to this once I am done breastfeeding but for now we use condoms.

hillmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Natural Familt Planing (NFP)/ Fertility Awarness Method (FAM)

peanut06
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM

For now, ecological breastfeeding.  Once AF returns (and since he's breastfeeding even better than his sister, still hasn't started foods at 6 months, and AF returned with her around 14 months, I'm hoping to make 18-20 months), I'll be charting CM/CP, and we'll be abstaining at the appropriate times.  We've used hormonal bc (hated it and will NEVER do it again, even if I didn't have a clotting condition now), condoms, and diaphragm.  I guess of those 3, I'd say my favorite was diaphragm for ease of use, comfort, "green" factor (not throwing away a latex every time), and lack of artificial hormones.  Also, hubby's new job is kind of bc--he's working on the riverboats, 28 days away at a time and only home 14.

Clara

DixieFlower
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I like the Nuvaring when I used it. However, since I'm still trying to bf as much as possible I'm not on anything right now.

jescgrl
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Quoting hillmom:

Natural Familt Planing (NFP)/ Fertility Awarness Method (FAM)

Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Quoting hillmom:

Natural Family Planing (NFP)/ Fertility Awarness Method (FAM)

This ^  and if I needed something more I'd choose the cooper IUD. I don't do hormones.

Tammy

mom to 4, wife to Doug, Surrogate mom to 3

VBACed 5 babies so far!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)