Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

The Business of Being Born.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

For those of you who watched The Business of Being Born before you had your baby....

How did it shape your birth experience?

Did you share the views of the producers or not?

For those who watched it after...

Do you wish you would have done things differently in your labor room based on what you saw? Will you have another baby, and if so, will the film affect your experience?

Thanks!

Engaged-May 24,2007.Married-Aug.29,2009. Parents!!-June 28, 2010

Check out my blog!

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
FlyHippie
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM

it didn't affect me, but I'd already had a home birth. It won't affect the next ones either... What it did do is allow me to tell my mother in law to watch it so she'd quit stressing all over ME about having babies at home. It was a bit of a nice distraction for her. A BREAK for me! LOL...

stellarluna
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 9:04 AM

I watched it after my second was born.  I wanted a homebirth, but EVERYONE thought I was crazy and I didn't pursue it really that much.  I had my husband watch it too.  I had 2 non medicated births at that point, so I was already of that mind frame.  Yes I would have done things differently... pursued a homebirth with my second will full intent of carrying one out, declined testing, declined checks, declined the hospital environment all together.  I finally did get this, though, with my third and youngest child on Easter morning last year... I had the most natural birth I could get and it was magical!

doulala
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM

When I saw it in 2007 I had been a birth junkie for a while, I felt very informed and well-read....    So the film actually had no news for me.
But I was so glad to see the information I'd gathered over time presented in a nice package that was able to be easily served to big audiences.

It's been incredible to see how many women it has touched~   I am impressed and grateful!
I'd been inspired to do something similar but they got there first and with a bigger budget and a celebrity--  so yayyy!

;-D

MamaPlainTall
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Quoting doulala:

When I saw it in 2007 I had been a birth junkie for a while, I felt very informed and well-read....    So the film actually had no news for me.
But I was so glad to see the information I'd gathered over time presented in a nice package that was able to be easily served to big audiences.

It's been incredible to see how many women it has touched~   I am impressed and grateful!
I'd been inspired to do something similar but they got there first and with a bigger budget and a celebrity--  so yayyy!

;-D

Hey thanks for commenting! Its totally changed my life.

I'm trying to find a doula in my area--how do I go about it>!

Check out my blog!

Gemska
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I just watched it the other day, and it was SO insightful! It made me much more confident for my second natural birth (in April.)

Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:52 PM

It just made me more sure I needed to be involved in birth, so I became a Doula

MamaPlainTall
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Quoting Roadfamily6now:

It just made me more sure I needed to be involved in birth, so I became a Doula

Awesome--can you message me with the best way to achieve a VBAC? I would appreciate any and ALL info! :)

Check out my blog!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN