Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Did any of you feel like this?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm due in April with my second daughter....can't wait! And, well, I've been reminiscing about the birth of my first daughter in October of 09. I've been trying to remember what labor was like completely, what caused me to fall apart during transition, and just everything about the birth. It was a wonderful natural birth in a hospital....this time I'm hoping to do even better. One thing I just thought of though was that after she was born, my body felt like I had been hit by a truck for about a week. Literally hit by a truck. My entire body felt bruised and broken. Also, I honestly couldn't shit for a week. Nobody told me to expect that! Should I be expecting the same thing this time around? Sorry this was so rambling.

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Well, I cannot say I have ever felt like that. Sorry, it sounds awful.

Get a Doula.

Pandapanda
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM
I had to give my perenium support every time I tried to go for about two months. I know EXACTLY how it is!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:05 PM

BUMP!

natashaangel
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I didn't feel like i was hit by a truck by did have the problem going to the bathroom. Couldn't go for over a week! I'm due in three weeks 4 day with my fourth. Each labor was different. With my first if anyone went near my back it would hurt like heck and getting on the ball was horrible pain. My second i didn't have much pain. I went to work while in labor(i worked at my ob/gyn office so i didn't think it was a big deal) and i was able to work up until i was 5cm! after that my doc told me i was done working even tho i didn't want to stop. i wasn't in pain. just felt like slight cramping. lol. my third was all in the front so when my mom would rub my back it felt nice and the ball helped so much. so really there isn't any way to prodict or plan for labor when you have no idea what you are planning for.

MyIslandGirls
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Not hit by a truck persay... but definately sore and rundown.

but with my last birth (also oct of 09!!!) it was so quick that I felt fine afterwards.

When i was being moved from the birthing room to my bed on the mat floor, my midwife asked me how i felt. She wanted to know if i felt woosie or anything to make sure i was alright and hadn't lost too much blood. but I didn't even think of that. I thought as we walked down the hall and I finally said... Hollow. She looked at me wondering what i meant.  I told her I fell hollow, empty now.. lonely even. I had spend the last 10 months guarding safe my beautiful child in my womb and suddendly...I was empty and hollow. She found that an interesting feeling.

It wasn't that i was sad or anything... but rather i had grown so accustomed to being "With Child" that it was almost impossible for me to remember what it felt like not to be with him.

I will let you know that it is common for women who have had 2nd or more pregnancies to have cramping while breastfeeding. With my 2nd and 3rd it was HORRIBLE! especially my 2nd! I didn't have it with my 1st at all.. so this was a complete shock to me as no one ever mentioned it to me. But there i was 3 days PP just in agony! I went to my dr because i thought something was wrong. nothing was.. it was my uterus going back down... Just the cramping was sooo bad!!  so watch out for that.. keep a hot bag (rice bag, magic bag, heating pad) with you to help with the pain and take a few tylenols if needed.. you will be fine.

Candice- Mom of 3 beautiful children! K (Jan 01) E (Feb 06) M (Oct 09) In Training to be a Post Partum Doula (Ancient Comfort Doula Services) I am a babywearer, a breastfeeder, a farm living, dog loving, spiritual being. I believe that all children have the right to WHOLE bodies, and free health care. I am Canadian who is spiritually married to a Funny, Sweet Frenchman whose cooking is food for the soul. My blog is 3 Kids Then Me  Check it out.

truealaskanmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I didn't feel this way at all and I tore, but I understand breaking down in transition.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)