Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red Raspberry leaf tea capsules

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

OK i Have been taking EPO since 35 weeks my cervix is ripe soft and thin but I am not actually progressing at all with dialation. I have been about 1.5cm;s for weeks. I had been drinking red raspberry leaf tea occasssion but dont really enjoy it. I went and bought it in capsule form today. Does anyone know how much to take a day to help induce/prepare for labor? They are 500mg capsules. On the side of the bottle it says take two a day for uterine health but I wasnt sure if there was a specific dosage for this specific use? Does anyone know?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:42 PM

follow the instructions on the bottle. Just so you know, RRL is NOT used to induce. It is only a uterine tonic, used to TONE and STRENGTHN the uterus. :)

It's time to relax, you will dilate when it's time.

hillybean1985
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I am not really trying to "induce" as in bring on labor this second, But i would like to speed things along, Ive heard it can help with a quicker delivery/dialation. My midwifes have been considering inducment with the use of pitocin for the past two weeks due to babys growth. I would ultimatly like to avoid this. So anything that may help smooth things along that is natural would be helpful with my situation as due to babys health/size i may not have the option of just waiting for much longer.

Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM

RRL is good but it has nothing to do with a quicker delivery or dilation.

Are you having a homebirth? What kind of midwife suggests inducing for big baby?

hillybean1985
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM
I am havin a hospital birth with a midwife, home birth wasn't really an option, my baby stopped growing a few weeks ago, she's concerned there is a placenta issue which is why induction he been suggested strongly, which I've been fighting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Oh, I see now. Thank you for clarifying. Have you had any ultrasounds confirming the baby has stopped growing or that there might be an issue with the placenta?

hillybean1985
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:19 AM
Well she measures me every week and my uterus measurements aren't changing at all, we have been puttin off the ultrasound because if they find an issue at the hospital they will push for inducment or c section imediately, but now that we have hit 38 weeks and full term I'm sched'd for an ultrasound tomorrow, but I'm nervous about finding out if infact there is an issue and then having to make a decsion on what to do..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roadfamily6now
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM

it's common that your belly will "shrink" or apear to stop growing at 37 weeks or so as your baby decends farter into the pelvis.

Good luck. It's probably nothing to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)