Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The rest of my birth story w/pics

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 11 Replies I felt the baby's head drop into my pelvis but it didn't quite register that that happens right before laboring for women who have had their second or third child already.  Still, I begged my husband NOT to go to work and to stay with me with tears in my eyes.  I knew he would go anyway, but he promised to be home as soon as it was time.  My instincts sent my littlest one to naptime earlier so he was out the way.  Well, contractions came and went and were 30 minutes, 15 minutes, 9 minutes, then back to 20 minutes apart. .  The one that hit at around 5:30pm ish sent me to the floor on all fours while my kids played around me clueless. There was hardly any blood show which is why I hesitated to call the midwife.  I couldn't get my sister on the phone and I noticed she was still logged on to my chat.  So, I sent her a message asking if she was working.  NO response.  Matter of fact, two minutes later she logged off.  OMGoodness!  No answer to her phone, or chat.  Another contraction came...I could barely speak.  My middle child climbed on my back in the middle of it.  I found a wedge with the little strength I had and it felt like I had shoved him clean across the room.  I was in tears for both making him cry and even more so for the contraction.  He wasn't hurt, I promise...but I did gather my strength to tell him mommie was sorry, but when I am having a contraction, please keep himself in a corner.  I reminded both of the youtube videos we had seen together with the women in pain during childbirth.  NOW my babies understood.  They quieted down and as a matter of fact, my oldest (5) became my coach.  He told me to calm down and breath (LOL).  I typed H E L P on the chat one more time when I saw she logged back on and I prayed for God to send me someone.  The phone ranged immediately.  It was my husband.  He asked why I hadn't called and I mustered out the words...the contractions are not steady, but the pain is too much for sister is no where to be found.  He said he was on his way --minutes later, my sister shows up at the door.  I didn't want her to panic (mind you, I am still on all fours on the floor and I did manage to crawl to the stereo to put relaxing music on to help calm my babies and myself) I sent her up the stairs to dress my babies and grab their overnight bag.  She insisted on staying until Michael got there.  He got there. 6:05 in the car, after stalling from a biggggg contraction....6:10 THIS KNUCKLE HEAD HAS TO STOP FOR GAS SO EVERYONE GETS TO HEAR ME HOLLER A LIL' BIT. 6:15 we are on our way during a rain storm and windy ride running lights and fighting haters slowing down on purpose....the wind shield wiper on my side stops working!  Somewhere after calling midwife as she requested (oh yeah, I called her after I got off phone with Michael) to let her know where I was...I began to push and felt my water leaking.  Pushing felt better...those contractions were hard.  I told Michael, about 10 minutes away from the hospital I had reached transition.  He was like, "what's that?"  I said, it's when I begin to shake and need to push soon.  I felt him run another light with screeching tires after that as he begged me NOT to push.  I look on that and am thinking...crap...this is really happening...this is not in the movies.  Anyway, he said, baby we are on the road now for the hospital.  He turned in and there was an entourage of people waiting for me.  Two of the nurses that were helping were from my church!!!  They had stayed a little longer just to be with me!!!  Right when the door opened my water broke fully.  They helped me back up into the wheelchair ( I rode basically with my knees in the front seat facing the back of the head between the driver's side and the passenger's side--arms around the back of the seat...unsafely, no seat belt--shame on me, I know).  I was still pushing and when I threw up my leg to prep it on the handle of the wheelchair they said, NO HONEY, pant, pant, don't push, we see the head.  I said, "you pant, I push, I can't help it!"  I did attempt to pant since I was around my church folk lol.  and failed as I continued to push in the elevator.  I got to my room....crawled onto the bed and heard someone say, get on your back!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!  I can't get on my back, all fours hurt as it is...I'm not turning, I responded.  So I pushed on all fours.  I heard a nurse say she'd never delivered like that before....(yes, my midwife was there from the beginning, too). I had just read CAFEMOM about putting your hand on your front parts to relieve some pressure...and other tips I got from yall (YEAH, CAFEMOM!) taking my time to let my body stretch (nope, no tears), baby came slowly and steadly.  I took the time and felt everything, was aware of everything, and pictured in my mind as they reported to me how far the baby was.  He came out, I told them to let the cord pulse (although I have a feeling they clamped it before it was time), the lights were dim, he was calm and so was I.  I breastfed, and he never left my room except for hearing and circumcision, and PKU testing.  I did ask for a hot compress as opposed to a cold one for my coochie afterward, but they said cold was better.  I then asked to get in the shower and of course the water was warm, so I got my way once again.   I secretly requested to stay as long as they'd let me cause I knew when I got home I'd have A LOT to do regardless.  Here I am on bedrest for overdoing it already.  First day out and had dinner and dishes done.  When Hubby saw how bad I was hurting he finally had mercy on me and is allowing me to rest...the only reason I am having time to get on here to tell my story.  Anyways, this is my story and my baby is a healthy boy. I couldn't be more proud of how it went down.  Even the car ride cause it makes life interesting.  No hospital gowns, no vaginal exams, a doppler only, no eye ointment, dimmed lights, all that I asked for and more!





Welcome David-Michael Benjamin McDaniel!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Congrats!  He's so alert, almost smiling in brother's arms :)  Hope you can get rest soon, momma :)

by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Your story is amazing! I loved it.

You were A W E S O M E ! ! ! !

by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:14 AM
He's beautiful! Way to go, mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Great story!  Beautiful boy(s)!

by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Wow~   wonderful!!!



by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I just had my third boy on Jan 25th! Congrats! Boys are so fun!!

by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Aww! he's cute. poor thing almost was born in the car! lol Just like my son almost was!

You did pretty much the same thing i did although i manged to flip onto my back. My son never left my room either expect for a discharge check up... although my son never had a circ done... I disagree with them personally.

by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Wow, wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Such a good story yay
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:11 PM

what an exciting birth story!!  congratulations, again, and i'm soooo happy for you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)