Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM
  • 17 Replies

So in a couple of days I have an appointment to see if we are having a boy or a girl and I have come to a realization today. It is kinda annoying everyone asking me "what are you having?" when are you going to find out?".  When we were pregnant with our first we didn't find out what we were having cause we wanted it to be a surprise and we knew that we wanted to have more kids so we didn't want people to get us presents that were gender specific. And now that all there is really for people to get us presents this time is clothes do I really want to find out?

I have come to realize finding out what we have isn't really that important as long as the baby is healthy. So I would like some help should I really find out what we are having our just let it be a surprise again.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Let it be a surprise! Our next will be an unknown ;)

doulala
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM

If you don't need an ultrasound (no medical indication) avoid the exposure.
Then it's really easy to say you don't know and baby WILL be a surprise, like it or not!

;-)

That's how it's been in my pregnancies.     No choice but to be surprised!

Good luck!

Wendalyn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM

yeah I think that I have decided to let it be a surprise and to let people not feel bad, we are just going to tell people that the baby was shy and we couldn't find out :D I think I like the idea of it being a surprise.

NatNatsmama
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM

A suprise! We didn't find out with our daughter and it was such a special moment when we found out she was a girl when she was born.You should totally wait to find out!

truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I am all for surprises but my hubby is not so he gets his way in this if you want a surprise do it

pixiefunk
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:36 PM

SURPRISE! I'm preggo with #2 and not finding out!

metalhealthmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Personally, I couldn't ever wait a whole 9 months. I'm already using all of those old wives' tales trying to find out what Im having now and I'm only 5 weeks lol. 

katcb1019
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I didnt find out for my first either. I did however find out for my next two. I just wanted to know if I had to buy new stuff. Totally up to you. I do like the element of surprise however.

Roadfamily6now
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM

S U R P R I S E ! ! ! !

Definitely wait. It's the best! I waited with 3 of my own, found out on #4 but it was so much better with the surprise!

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I would say be a surprise. I have loved that all mine were surprises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)