Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Who is working through pregnancy ?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM
  • 9 Replies

What kind of work do you do?
When will you plan to break for Maternity Leave?
Will you go back (and when)?

by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 3:28 AM

I SAHM that cooks, cleans, changes diapers, kisses boo boos, chases kids out of dangerous areas, plays kitchen with my DD, holds DS all day, keeps them from killing eachother, feeds them food, gives them drinks.  I don't get maternity leave lol, so I will add one more to the chaos 

Valleylily
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 4:53 AM
Ha ha, add one more to the chaos, that's funny!

Quoting truealaskanmom:

I SAHM that cooks, cleans, changes diapers, kisses boo boos, chases kids out of dangerous areas, plays kitchen with my DD, holds DS all day, keeps them from killing eachother, feeds them food, gives them drinks.  I don't get maternity leave lol, so I will add one more to the chaos 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieFlower
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I worked through both of my pregnancies. During my last pregnancy I worked up until I decided that it was time to go to the hospital. I would have labored at home/work even longer but one of the ladies I assist has anxiety issues and as my contractions got more intense the more she started to worry. I'm a live in companion for adults that have developmental disabilities. Both of the ladies I assist are very high functioning. Basically I help them with anything they can't do or need a little help with. (cooking, meds, transportation, housework etc.) I never went on maternity leave. Basically since I live here I wouldn't have any place to stay if I did go on maternity leave. Not to mention it wouldn't just be me it would be my whole family. I went back the day I was discharged from the hospital. Now with my first I went back to transporting about a week after giving birth. (I had a small car so no biggie) After my second it was about 5wks before I went back to transporting (We now have a 12 passenger van) After both births my job had someone work 3pm-8pm for me for about a week. (my normal shift is 6a-8a and then 3p-10p during the week and 7a-11pm on weekends) If I felt I needed someone longer they would have had them but I really just wanted them out of the house so our family dynamic was back to normal.

Roadfamily6now
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I have in the past but I don't anymore.

I was a cook in the Navy during my fisrt pregnancy and a cook at a local diner in Delta Junction with my 4th.

Roadfamily6now
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:08 PM

haha! That is so true! I work darn hard !!!

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Tammy

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor but the sick."

Join us in the Natural Birth Group!

HeatherD1027
by Member on Mar. 31, 2011 at 1:04 PM

I work in medical records in a hospital.  Easy, sit down most of the time, so unless the dr. orders me to take off early for some reason, I will work until I go into labor.  I am taking 12 weeks for maternity leave (it will all be paid) and am hoping when I go back, I can go part time.  I already dread leaving my daughter :(

skittles2011
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM

before my son was born i was a dr tech for an optomitrist and i worked until Dec 3rd and I had my son on Dec 11th. curruntly im a SAHM and looking for a job and my son is 4 mo

jaxhmommy
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I own a boutique with my brother. I work all through my pregnancy, though I can take a break whenever I need one. I won't really take a Maternity leave, because I live about the store, so I just pop down when I have a minute. 

DixieFlower
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)