Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Mispellings, grammar errors, oopies and other things that make you go, Huh?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM
  • 22 Replies

What are some funny things you have read on the internet about pregnancy and childbirth? Be nice, no calling people out. Have fun!

One of my favorites....

"My baby was breeched........"         I'm sorry hun, I did not know babies were like whales! LOL

by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 1:33 AM

lol

You caught me off-gaurd, I will have to come back to this one!!

;-P

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Lol same, i'll have to come back. I'm sure i'll have plenty soon enough!

Cristin729
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 8:25 AM

This isn't really a spelling/grammar error, just something that really makes no sense.. lol

I have a family member who for some reason tells everyone that her baby was in the birth canal for weeks before she was born. I try so hard not to crack up every time I hear her say this. I just don't get what would make her think something like that in the first place, because as far as I know, her water never actually even broke on it's own.. she had a planned c-section. 

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM

LOL!

rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM

DH's cousin, after a few hours of active labor (not very many, actually), explained to me why she had a c-section.

"I had to have a c-section because it was apparent to me that my baby wasn't going to come out on his own."

I know, because after 3-4 hours of labor, you automatically call it off and just go along with the doctor's suggestion because it "makes sense".  Her words, not mine.

Sometimes I can't believe my husband is related to these people...

rachelrothchild
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Does my comment call someone out?  I can't tell.

DixieFlower
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I saw once where a mom was planning on having a C section at 39wks because she just doesn't dilate. When asked at what gestation her last C section was she said 39wks. It was an induction and she said "my body just won't dilate". No really? You aren't even at 40wks yet let's not even talk about the fact that you were trying to evict baby. Maybe your babies aren't ready at 39wks. How about we wait for baby to start labor and see how things go from there?

DixieFlower
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Of course the best is the comments I get are about PROM and hrs between it and birth. With my first I had PROM and he was born aprox 26 hrs after my water broke. Here are a few of them:

"Oh that's really dangerous, didn't your OB know how dangerous that was? I wouldn't go back to that OB. She put your baby's life in danger."

"I can't belive your OB "LET" you go that long with your water broke!"

"Don't you know you could have gotten an infection?"

DixieFlower
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Another one that gets the "intersting" comments. When I tell people that with my first I really didn't have regular contractions until about 5 hrs after my water broke and the fact that I didn't go directly to the hospital when my water did break. I showed up about 4hrs later.

"I can't believe your OB didn't have you go to the hospital right then"

"Why didn't they start pitocin after your water broke if you weren't having contractions?

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:05 PM

I'm only 9 weeks and 4 days along. I went in today for my first appt and ultrasound and when the doctor saw the baby she said..."oh! look at that! it looks like a boy!"

Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN