Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

The Duggers

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM
  • 16 Replies

I'm just wondering what u all think bout the fam? Would u could u do it ,have or think of having that many kidos? I love how she is sooooo sweet. Wonder what she is like angry.  just thought i would post bout birthing n such. What do u think?

by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberpatterson
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I think they are are a great God loving family. Their Children are good kids, have good morals, and are individuals to look up to. The Duggars' can feed their own family without state assistance...They are seemingly great people all around. They love their family, and they have the means to support them. I love watching this family on TV, they're not a trash telivision show like everything else.

peanut06
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I love seeing a family that actually works together--fairly peacefully!--on TV.  Most families on reality shows are all about the drama.  It's also nice to see that others try for intervention-free births with midwives, often at home, and trust their bodies to tell them when it's time to call in an OB, like with Josie.  And to see homeschooling, cloth diapering, and helpful household tips portrayed in a positive manner are nice additions :)

Kid total wise, Mrs. Duggar reminded viewers, as she had to tell herself when they had the first 5 or 6 running, toddling, crawling, crying around, "They won't all be young at once."  With our almost 2-year spacing between dd2 and ds, it would take forever or high order multiples for us to reach 19 kids.  Breastfeeding is keeping my progesterone and estrogen levels low even at 8 months now, so it's hindering ovulation.  Doesn't work that way for her--she gets pregnant before AF even returns sometimes.  We're "dreaming" of maybe 2-3 more, making a total of 5-6 including our stillborn angel.  AND, if God decides ds is our final baby, giving us with 2 living children, we've gladly accepted that, too!

Learn your options in the Natural Birth group!

Pandapanda
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I think they're probably having kids just for the fame of it, and if so then have at it. I don't pay their bills, but I really don't care for/about them.

NCmommie421
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 5:25 PM

i think they're cute. i haven't been watching them on tv like i used to but overall im all for having what God wants for you and clearly God wants to give them ALOT of blessings/children bc they're a godly good example type family but i just hope God doesnt give me that much!!! lol

4babyruth
by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 6:56 PM

bumpbig smile mini

doulala
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I don't know much about them...

They are a big family, have a TV show, right?

srbeusk
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 1:39 AM

I like them. :) A lot. :D I would LOVE to meet them! LOL.

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I think they are crazy!

Roadfamily6now
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 1:59 AM

She purposely weans early to conceive at 9+ months.

JulieMomma5
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I admire them. I am currently expecting #5 and would love to have more after this! The Bible says that children are a reward!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN