Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I'm just wondering what u all think bout the fam? Would u could u do it ,have or think of having that many kidos? I love how she is sooooo sweet. Wonder what she is like angry.  just thought i would post bout birthing n such. What do u think?

by on Apr. 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Replies (11-16):
rachelrothchild
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I wouldn't agree with that.  They decided to have a big family after they agreed that they weren't going to use birth control anymore (Michelle had a miscarriage while using birth control pills), and they would happily take however many kids God gave them.  They talked about this during an episode or interview.  I don't remember which.

Quoting Pandapanda:

I think they're probably having kids just for the fame of it, and if so then have at it. I don't pay their bills, but I really don't care for/about them.

PixelWitch
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM

You know, at first I was really creeped out by The Duggars, but I went back and watched a bunch of shows and I think they really are a great family. I could not handle spending that much of my life pregnant and raising kids, but she seems to love and thrive on it and they all seem so happy.

JessicaLynnB
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Its probablu really conveniant to have all those live in babysitters to watch the little ones :P

Cristin729
by on Apr. 7, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Michelle Duggar is my role model!! =]

FlyHippie
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I like them...our next door neighbors have 11 kids and are actually friends with the Duggars. Found this out when my loudmouth son noticed all the girls wearing long skirts and he blurts out "OMG...are y'all like the DUGGARS???" sigh...

The house behind us has 16 kids...but they aren't NEARLY as conservative as the Duggars or the next door fam.

I like the Duggars.... They seem to have their stuff down pat. Pretty impressive.

DixieFlower
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I think it's great. My mom is the youngest of 7 children. I'd love to have as many children as we can afford to raise. Also if anything has taught me to have faith it would be my children. DH and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding Anniversary in August. I haven't been on BC (including NFP)  for 6yrs and we have 2 children. We conceived our first son two yrs after we'd been married. I didn't go back on BC after he was born and we concieved our second son exactly one year to the birth of our first. Now granted my living situation doesn't really allow for us to have many more children. I'd say one more would probably be the limit. I think it's great how the Duggar's work together. Also while it's probably not exactly the same I'm the oldest of three girls. There were plenty of times that I got my younger sisters ready in the morning, cooked meals, or helped with homework. I never felt like I was a "babysitter". I do feel that it helped prepare me for becoming an adult and a mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)